Job Type: Contract
Compensation Range: $70 - 85 per hour
Our client is looking for consultants with experience writing federal, state, and local proposals to provide project-based Proposal Writing support!
You will need to have experience creating content from scratch based on interviews with SMEs and research, and will also need to be able to tailor and rewrite boilerplate materials. Specialized experience in sections including Technical; Management; Past Performance; Staffing/Key Personnel; Pricing; Transitions Plans would be highly beneficial.
- Write clear, persuasive, and articulate proposal sections; translate technical and other ideas into easily understandable text; rewrite and review proposal sections and related proposal documents for complex Federal Requests for Proposal (RFPs).
- Collaborate with the proposal team to develop proposal sections that clearly articulate the team's overall solution and strategy, approach to performing the work, win themes, and discriminators.
- Research information to be included in the documentation, which may include, but is not limited to, conducting interviews, attending meetings, and gathering source information.
- Synthesize text and ideas from multiple authors, including SMEs and consultants.
- Compile information for each section and edit language to ensure one voice.
- Edit for consistency, clarity, grammar, and syntax, and compile with client requirements.
- Identify, resolve, mitigate, and escalate gaps and risks to proposal management and operations leadership.
- Support proposal development by leading the writing of technical, management, and past performance proposal sections that are comprehensible, organized, succinct, persuasive, compliant and meet internal and external deadlines.
- Support the execution of the proposal development lifecycle and actively participate in all activities.
- Thoroughly review all proposal response volumes and sections (technical, management, past performance, resumes, etc.) for compliance, grammar, spelling, and tone of voice.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in proposal writing.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Interpersonal and proactive communication skills.
- Ability to follow direction and instructions.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Written English language skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, with expertise in Word, including styles and embedded objects.
- Excellent formatting, writing, and editing skills.
- Ability to quickly compile and present information from disparate sources in pressure situations.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint.
- Must understand the Shipley Methodology and/or APMP Best Practices for Proposal Development.
- Technical Writing