JOB SUMMARY: The HR Generalist is responsible for standard employee relations issues, recruiting, new hire orientation, and serving as a day to day contact for PCNA's team members in New Kensington. This is an employee-facing role and requires a high level of subject matter knowledge as well as a customer service orientation. This position will support recruiting activities and assist other HR staff, hiring managers and candidates to ensure the hiring process runs smoothly.
- Handles standard employee relations issues and resolves or escalates as appropriate.
- Assists and advises management with disciplinary procedures and terminations.
- Conducts exit interviews and reports information to the appropriate parties.
- Participates in planning Company events
- Maintains current knowledge and understanding of employment regulations, current practices, new developments and trends in human resources.
- Answers questions from employees, in person and over the phone.
- Support payroll and HRIS related matters, including serving as back up
- Partner with hiring managers and HR Business Partners on open positions, creating job descriptions, posting jobs, and participate in recruiting intake sessions
- Source and screen candidates for interest level, technical skills and qualifications, and refer qualified candidates to hiring managers
- Conduct initial phone screen interviews
- Schedule candidate interviews and manage calendars with hiring managers and hiring team
- Coordinate post-offer drug tests and background checks
- Prepare candidates for hiring and onboarding processes
Any other duty as assigned by Manager.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Must be knowledgeable and compliant with all Human Resources practices including: ADA, ADEA, EEOC, FMLA, FLSA, Unemployment Compensation, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, detail orientation, and multi-tasking skills
- Strong quantitative, project management, written and oral communications skills
- Knowledge of HRIS systems
- Ability to process confidential and sensitive information with discretion
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- At least 3 years' experience with high-volume recruiting activities or other related role
- Familiarity with hiring practices and stages (screening, interview, assessment, onboarding)
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience