Publicist Job Summary
Sparks Group is looking for a Publicist to join a large faith-based organization dedicated exclusively to serving refugees, asylum seekers, and immigrants in the U.S. This is a direct hire opportunity and fully remote if you are located in AL, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, MD, MI, MN, NJ, NY, NC, ND, OH, PA, TX, VA, or DC. In this role, the Publicist will serve as a key communications partner for the CEO and will also work closely with the entire C-suite on publicity as needed.
- Create and execute communications strategies for the CEO that align with organizational priorities, in close coordination with the CCO and Director of PR.
- Use pre-existing relationships to arrange national-level engagements to reach new audiences and demonstrate thought leadership.
- Build new relationships with key national events to help continue to reach new audiences.
- Oversee CEO social media accounts to ensure strong, positive visibility.
- Refine talking points and speeches for high level national events, in close coordination with the speechwriter.
- 5-7 years serving as a publicist for high-profile c-suite executives
- Strong professional connections to national-level conferences and other thought leadership opportunities.
- Ability to pitch CEO for events that reach new audiences that align with strategic objectives, including donor communities, affiliated organizations, and religious organizations.
- Superb editing and proofing skills; excellent oral & written communication skills.