About the Role
3S Health, part of Three Ships, is seeking a Content Editor with excellent editorial, SEO, and organizational skills to be part of our growing team. This is a fully remote position.
You'll be responsible for delivering publication-ready accurate content that is on time, optimized, and meets our marketing goals. You may also help create concepts and ideas for new content. You'll have the opportunity to not only manage the production of exceptionally well-written, accessible performance content, but you'll also learn to report on the performance of our articles to determine the impact of our team's work. You will help manage writers, oversee multiple content projects, and keep our team happy, productive, and goal oriented.
- Ensure each page we publish meets our best practices for winning organic search on our targeted keywords and delights our audience by understanding both what Google is rewarding, and what readers want to know.
- Plan, develop, and create legal information content for use by a consumer and/or small business audience across multiple topic areas, in collaboration with content strategists. Content includes, but is not limited to:
- Reviews of legal DIY platforms and programs for consumers in areas such as business formation, divorce, estate planning, intellectual property protection, etc.
- News and information about key legal developments in blog post or article form.
- Edit and proof articles for editorial excellence, search engine optimization, and CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization).
- Participate in regular editorial meetings for the purpose of brainstorming content ideas, reviewing editorial deadlines, educating writers, and organizing cross-content promotions.
- Manage a team of contract and full-time writers who will create content that meets and exceeds Google E-A-T standards.
- Publish articles on our CMS, coordinate with brand partners to meet style and editorial guidelines.
- Demonstrate a meticulous approach to your work, with a highly organized process and an unfailing eye for detail. Take ownership over all assigned projects.
- Measure program effectiveness, analyze data, and provide recommendation and insight via weekly reporting. Use these and other performance metrics (traffic, conversions, revenue) to inform our content strategy moving forward.
- Help build the culture of an exciting growth-stage company.
- Be a subject matter expert on what type of content wins for any given topic and why. Bring that point of view to meetings.
- Bachelor's degree (Journalism, Communications, English, or another writing-intensive field preferred).
- 3+ years of experienced editing or producing content for the web. Experience in legal information and SEO-driven content preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills: You maintain a methodical process and high standard of excellence in your work while balancing multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally to manage project plans.
- Strong understanding of HTML and content/ on-page SEO.
- Ownership mentality: You treat each content piece like it is your own and stand behind every word.
- An empathetic manager of writers. You know what it takes to produce optimized content at a fast pace and enjoy helping a team achieve that goal.
- Agility: You are comfortable in an often-changing environment.
- An inherent drive to be excellent: You are not satisfied with average. You do whatever it takes to get the job done at a world-class level.
While we're looking for some specific experiences and skillsets, nothing is more important than a strong can-do attitude, resilience in the face of change and uncertainty, and a passion for learning and creating.
Launched in 2021, 3S Health's mission is to empower people to live healthier lives through access to leading-edge information about health-related products and services. Our vision is to be the digital marketplace for researching, financing, and purchasing health-related products and services.
Three Ships started as a digital agency in 2009, and today encompasses businesses in the Sleep, Home, Auto, Legal, and Health industries with 65+ owned and operated websites that help brands connect to consumers to buy with confidence. The Three Ships team brings deep expertise from top customer acquisition, digital media, and digital marketing firms, all of which maintain our market leadership position in each vertical. We bring a "digital edge" through deep domain expertise, proprietary assets, thought leadership, and a unique operating system focused on value creation.
Headquartered in Raleigh, NC, Three Ships also has hubs in Charlotte and the United Kingdom, as well as, and remote employees all over the United States.
Why You Should Join Us
- Results: At Three Ships we have eleven consecutive years of profitability and a track record of successful growth in the digital marketing space.
- Stability: We are privately owned, have a holding period of "forever," have no debt, and have significant cash to invest - we're "rock-solid" financially.
- Exposure: You will have a front-row seat in growing a business. Your teammates have built and sold companies, managed 100s of employees, and run campaigns with Fortune 500 brands.
- Market Landscape: The digital home services marketing landscape is transforming. There's no better time than now to be building a business in this space.
- Career Growth: There is no cap on growth, promotions, or the opportunity to own and put your stamp on important projects. Prove your value and you will be rewarded accordingly.
- Learning: We are a small and mighty team but also have the advantage of tapping into the Three Ships ecosystem and working with subject matter experts in paid media, creative, branding, content strategy, SEO, and more. The opportunity to grow new skills and learn from smart people is endless.
- Fun: The team has a high bar for excellence, but also a real interest in each other and making work fun.
As a full-time employee of Three Ships, you'll have access to competitive benefits, including flexible time off, health/dental/vision, 401k match, an annual Relax & Recharge Bonus, an annual Learning & Development stipend to enroll in class(es) of your choosing, and up to $75 mobile reimbursement. If you join us in person in our Raleigh or Charlotte locations, we have an office stocked with snacks, coffee, and just about every other beverage you can imagine.
All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other discriminatory factors. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this role. All offers are subject to a background check.