Director, People Operations
About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Midsized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltInSF.com  and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
In this role, you will direct the People Operations Team at a hyper-growth, mission-driven company. As we look to scale throughout 2023 and beyond, we will look for this individual to leverage their experience from past successes and learnings to play a leadership role across all aspects of People Operations while having an influence on Talent Acquisition and HR functions and processes.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Own all aspects of People Operations as Aurora Solar scales in size
- Grow and nurture the People Operations Team in an environment where the team members can deliver on our goals
- Act as a strong HR leader, who not only brings a depth of expertise in People Operations but who will also, as part of the People Leadership Team, play an influential role across all aspects of TA and HR ensuring we provide Aurorans with a cohesive employee experience
- Be both a strategic and hands-on partner who is comfortable setting annual strategy as well as troubleshooting process issues against deadlines
What we value:
- Strong people management skills with a focus on directing a team to effectively deliver on goals
- Experience scaling companies in size
- A highly people-centric mentality while remaining a systems and data thinker
At Aurora Solar, we tie our base pay ranges to level and location. In the United States, this means that your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location.
In most cases, we target the midpoint of our salary ranges for new hire compensation. This placement is reflective of full proficiency in a role. Base pay is ultimately determined based on a number of factors including skills, qualifications, and location. This role is eligible for additional variable compensation and an equity grant, which will be discussed in your initial recruiter conversation.
Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
- Tier 1 San Francisco, New York City: $165,000.00 - $223,000.00
- Tier 2 Seattle, Los Angeles, Washington DC: $155,000.00 - $209,500.00
- Tier 3 All Other US Locations, including Colorado: $145,000.00 - $196,000.00
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Our mission at Aurora is to create a future of solar energy for all. We aim to reflect that inclusivity in the people who imagine and build our product by creating an environment where diversity is cherished and where anyone—regardless of background—can thrive. We strive to always do better and know that by empowering people, we can power the planet.