sr. Director Of Risk & Internal Audit 🔥
Sr Director of Risk and Internal Audit
Stephanie Bywater, Chief Compliance Officer
Chief Compliance Officer
Typically requires 10+ years of related experience
Level of Supervision:
Work is highly independent
- The Sr Director of Risk and Audit leads delivery of HealthTrackRx’ s risk management and internal audit functions. This role reports to the Chief Compliance Officer and will work with departments across the organization to establish, maintain, and audit the organization’s risk and controls framework, as well as provide regular assessments, reports, and metrics regarding HealthTrackRx’ s compliance and risk posture.
- Collaborate with leadership to understand the organization’s risk appetite and develop the risk management framework, documentation, and reporting processes.
- Educate leadership and key personnel on risk assessment processes, methodologies, and best practices to enable deeper understanding of their roles and responsibilities related to risk management.
- Facilitate and document annual and periodic risk assessments by collaborating with key personnel across the organization.
- Guide risk mitigation strategies, drive execution accountability, and conduct ongoing monitoring of actions plans status and completion.
- Develop annual plans for and execute internal testing and auditing of key non-financial controls and business processes; coordinate the facilitation of external compliance audits as required.
- Build and manage a team of qualified auditors with diverse experience and expertise to enable control testing across a variety of departments and topics.
- Implement processes to ensure detailed and controlled documentation of all audit workpapers, reports, auditee meetings, and remediation plans.
- Produce ongoing reporting and deliver analysis of risk and audit results to senior leadership and the Board.
- Education –
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Competencies/Skills –
- Proven communication skills, both written and oral; ability to tailor communication based on audience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with creative and critical thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills; ability to build and develop business relationships with customers and business partners.
- Ability to self-motivate, drive results, and gain consensus.
- Organized with attention to detail and flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and manage multiple competing deliverables within tight timeframes without compromising on quality of output.
- Experience –
- At least 10 years’ experience in audit and/or compliance or enterprise risk management.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the healthcare regulatory frameworks applicable to laboratories (i.e., Fraud, Waste & Abuse laws, HIPAA, CMS, OIG and DOJ compliance guidance.)
- Certifications/Licenses –
- CIA or CRMA certification strongly desired.
Mental/Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Vision, hearing speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers. Must have the ability to sit for extended periods. Must have the ability to work the hours and days required to complete the essential functions of the position. Light physical effort requires handling average weight objects up to 10 lbs and some standing and walking. Learning, thinking, concentration and the ability to work under pressure, particularly during busy times. Must be able to pay close attention to detail and be able to work as a member of a team to ensure excellent customer service. Must have the ability to interact effectively with co-workers and customers, and exercise self-control and diplomacy in customer and employee relations’ situations. Must have the ability to exercise discretion as well as appropriate judgments when necessary. Must be proactive in finding solutions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee(s) that in this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.