Customer Service Collections
ADT has been in the business of helping save lives since 1874. As the smart home security provider in the U.S., we help protect and connect families, businesses and larger commercial customer every day. Our continuous innovation, advanced technology and strategic partnerships deliver products and services that help protect life and valuables, whether at home, your business or on the go. And as times change, so do we. Above all, our mission is clear: we help save lives for a living. Looking for a career where you can make a real impact? Join our team today and put purpose behind your paycheck.
ADT is committed to hiring team members who are passionate about providing exceptional customer service - people who understand the importance of customer satisfaction and what it means to their career development. As a company that is well-positioned to continue meeting and exceeding our customers' evolving needs, ADT also takes pride in upholding a rewarding work experience for all of our team members. The Collector I ensures receivables are collected while maintaining strong customer relations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to customer questions, resolve issues, and utilize the dispute management system to log
- Initiate outbound calls to correct credit card payment errors
- Determine appropriate account number to post unidentified payments
- Answer and resolve general billing questions or issues
- Distribute service or other related issues that are causing payment to be withheld
- Assist and direct customer to appropriate area within ADT if issue is not within the scope of Account Services
- Meet pre-determined departmental standards for productivity and quality measures
- Participate on internal quality/continuous improvement teams on a rotational basis
- Interface with SSO on billing service related issues
- Other duties, as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Zero (0) to Two (2) years of Collections experience.
- Basic typing, math, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to multitask
- PC experience and/or ability to learn basic functions
Pay and Benefits Disclosure:
The pay range for this role is $14.35 - $17.10 an hour, plus commission, and is based on experience and qualifications. We offer employees access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, wellbeing benefits and paid time off among others. Employees accrue up to 120 hours in their first year. Your accrual rate increases after your first year. We also offer 6 paid holidays.
ADT is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. ADT strives to ensure every employee and applicant feels valued. Visit us at to learn more.