qa Automation Engineer 🔥
Our fast-growing SaaS business is seeking a talented QA Automation Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, and executing automated and manual tests for our web-based software applications to ensure functional and performance requirements. You will work closely with the software engineering team, product manager, and other stakeholders to identify and mitigate software defects through test automation and some manual QA testing processes. Your work is critical to maintaining and continuously improving the overall quality of our products. You are the last line of defense before shipping releases and take accountability for the delivery of high-quality and reliable solutions to our users.
Chris Brown, Manager of Engineering at Formstack, is looking to hire someone who will complement and strengthen the team.
Who You Are: You have an innate curiosity to explore new subjects and understand their workings. You likely enjoy puzzles and problem-solving. You think outside the box and like to try things beyond the given path. You have a passion for technology and its capabilities to help people overcome adversity and achieve their desired outcomes. You exercise relentless attention to detail. You are a great communicator and enjoy collaborating with others. You have a strong appreciation for the usability of a product and empathy for the end user. If you are a self-motivated, detail-oriented, and results-driven individual with a passion for software quality, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to join our team as a QA Automation Engineer.
What You Will Do:
- Participate in the design and development of new features, ensuring testability, and automation readiness
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements, design test plans, and cases, and implement testing strategies and plans
- Design, develop, and maintain automated test suites and scripts using industry-standard tools and frameworks (Cypress)
- Develop and maintain testing documentation, including test cases, test plans, and test reports
- Continuously research and recommend new tools and techniques to improve the automation testing process
- Execute and analyze automated test results
- Identify, document, and report software defects and performance issues to the development team
- Partner with developers to troubleshoot and resolve defects expediently
- Investigate customer-reported issues to develop and implement mitigation measures
- Analyze test coverage and effectiveness to provide recommendations for improvements
How You Will Succeed:
- Strive to become a product expert with a mastery of all the capabilities and variations available to users
- Build a strong competency in our various user audience profiles
- Demonstrate relentless attention to detail, accuracy, and functionality
- Contribute to the establishment and improvement of software quality assurance processes and practices
- Continuously improve the quality of our software products through proactive testing and feedback
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices related to software testing and automation
What We Are Looking For:
- 3+ years of experience in software testing with a focus on automation testing
- Experience with test automation tools such as Cucumber, Watir, or TestComplete
- Knowledge of testing frameworks such as Cypress, Jasmine, or Selenium
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and software testing processes
- Understanding of the various aspects of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Familiarity with CI/CD processes and version control (Github)
- Fundamental understanding of UI/UX principles
- Passion for technology and emerging trends
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Excellent communication in both verbal and written forms
- Ability to work remotely and collaborate effectively with a distributed global team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience working in SaaS application development
- Familiarity with other forms of software testing: unit tests, acceptance tests, performance tests, etc
- Ability to use command line tools
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS
- Programming experience in other languages such as Node.js, PHP, C#, Java, etc.
- Experience with AWS
- $85,000 - $95,000 (USD) + bonus up to 5% of salary
***This is a remote position***
- Competitive health plans, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance Benefits for US and Canadian full-time employees.
- Monthly Health & Wellness and Technology stipends
- Half-day Fridays
- Unlimited PTO for all employees.
- 401k & Roth w/ safe harbor match (the US and Canada)
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software, and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Company-paid conferences and extended learning opportunities
- Yearly company and team gatherings
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. Formstack is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. if you’re excited about this role, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Formstack is an equal-opportunity employer. We are passionately committed to equitable hiring and boldly dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ+ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only. We will store it in our applicant tracking system, Lever, and will not share this data with anyone else. We will keep your data until the role is filled and only continue to store it if we feel you may fit future roles.