Performance Marketing Manager
Location: Fully Remote
Annual Salary: $50,000 – $60,000 USD
Contract: 12 months contract with potential to extend, 37.5hrs pw
Line Manager: Rachael Sprague
Recruiter: Rikki Spencer-Cox
Twinkl is on a rapid growth trajectory, most recently securing investment from Vitruvian Partners, the 4th highest-performing investor globally, who have previously backed companies such as Skyscanner, Just Eat, Farfetch and Trustpilot.
We are now looking for a Performance Marketing Manager to join Twinkl to lead our growth marketing team and strategy for the US. You’ll be a strong leader with a great track record of delivering e-commerce conversions via a performance / paid media at scale. You’ll be data-driven, and highly analytical and understand how to get the growth flywheel spinning through the landscape of search.
We’re looking for someone with a sharp, analytical mind and an entrepreneurial spirit, comfortable dealing with high growth and complex business challenges. You’ll be led by Twinkl’s Head of Growth Marketing, and be joining a team of global marketing strategists, who are so excited for someone else to join in supporting this next phase of growth.
Your work will have a significant direct impact on Twinkl’s mission to provide high-quality educational resources to teachers, parents, and children worldwide. Twinkl is an established and well-respected brand in the UK, with the majority of all primary school teachers using the product to help them teach. As US Performance Marketing Manager, you will play a critical role in driving brand adoption further in the US and have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the company’s success.
With support from a great team internally, and through our investor partner, you’ll be part of an extremely exciting team roadmap. You’ll get exposure to global networks and expertise from Vitruvean Partners and their portfolio companies across sectors and regions. You will have access to valuable resources and strategic guidance that can help accelerate growth even further, and open exciting opportunities for progression.
Ongoing projects/how you’ll spend your day:
- Developing and executing performance marketing campaigns: This involves planning, managing and optimising digital marketing campaigns across multiple channels including PPC, email, affiliate, and display advertising.
- Analyse campaign data: Using data analysis to track and evaluate campaign performance. This includes identifying areas of opportunity and creating strategies to improve results.
- Setting clear goals: You’ll set out clear and ambitious growth plans involving objectives and key performance indicators for your team.
- Attribution and measurement: You’ll develop and implement a strategy for measurement, including attribution and experimentation, to establish incrementally.
- Leadership: As the leader of the US performance marketing team, you will oversee and guide the performance marketing team, providing mentorship and coaching to support growth. You will directly manage two growth marketing team leaders, and recruit your team to support your ambitious growth plans.
- Testing and experimentation: Working alongside central data teams, you’ll develop and implement testing frameworks to improve campaign performance and efficiency.
- Budget management: Managing budgets for campaigns and ensuring that spending stays within allocated limits is a key responsibility.
- Reporting: Creating and presenting regular reports on campaign performance to senior management and stakeholders.
- A proactive approach to optimisation: You’ll provide hands-on optimisation across all available channels to ensure growth generation with an emphasis on LTV and retention metrics.
- Collaboration: You’ll collaborate with cross-functional teams, including brand, product and data to ensure alignment on goals and strategies.
- Lead the development of reporting dashboards to provide actionable insights to key stakeholders.
- Research: You’ll stay up-to-date with industry trends and new technologies, sharing insights and best practices with the team and broader organisation.
You’ll work with:
Rachael Sprague – Head of Growth Marketing will be your line manager and mentor.
Jon Seaton (CEO) – Twinkl’s co-founder and CEO will be your co-hustler and help you grow through his experience – as well as helping to break down barriers.
Growth Marketing Team – You’ll be working alongside like-minded Growth Marketing Managers, who are working on establishing Twinkl as a key-player in education across 30+ countries globally.
US Country and Segment Managers – Our matrix structure means you’ll be working collaboratively alongside and supporting the US country and product teams to achieve our growth goals.
As a leader at Twinkl, you will:
- Recognise that there is no “one size fits all” approach to leadership, taking the time to get to know each team member personally to understand their strengths, interests and ambitions
- Hold 1:1s regularly with your team to discuss and evaluate performance, collaborating on a roadmap for their development
- Manage HR processes and administration for your team (eg. contract/salary reviews, holiday requests etc.)
- Communicate key business messages, owning the narrative on decisions made and ensuring effective feedback