Vice President Of Technology
Who We Are:
At our dynamic tech company, we are dedicated to creating cutting-edge technology solutions that make a difference in the world. With over 10 years of experience in the industry, we have built a team of innovative thinkers and problem solvers who are passionate about enhancing the way things work.
We believe in constantly pushing the boundaries of what is possible and exploring new technologies and approaches to stay ahead of the curve. As a member of our team, you will become a part of a highly motivated group of individuals who are committed to improvement and learning.
Our goal is to make a positive impact on the world through our work, and we firmly believe that every individual can make a difference. We highly value diversity, inclusivity, and collaboration to achieve our objectives.
Thank you for considering us as your potential employer. We look forward to hearing from you soon and are excited to have the opportunity to work together to create innovative solutions that make a difference.
What We Are Looking For:
The Vice President of Technology is a senior level employee who will be responsible for the support of the business personnel and technologies that support the infrastructure and productivity of technology endeavors in multiple countries and sites.
They are responsible for overseeing all aspects of the company’s technology needs, including hardware, software, networking, and more.
The Vice President of Technology may also be involved in developing long-term strategies for the company’s Technology department. This might include determining which technologies to invest in or how best to implement new systems that will help improve efficiency or performance.
The role has a wide range of responsibilities, which can include:
Essential Job Functions:
- Participate with the management team specifically by advising company executives of system trends and emerging technologies.
- Develop peer, cross functional and cross business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness.
- Own the Information Technology communications strategy for the site to socialize enterprise-wide initiatives locally on site and build buy in and awareness.
- Construct and implement strategic and operational plans for the department to promote efficiency and ensure information security.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for technology use within the organization
- Mange the information technology department, including hiring new employees when needed
- Create, champion and manage the annual technology budget.
- Coordinate IT projects with other departments to ensure that they are completed on time and within budget limits
- Oversee IT operations regarding network and core system functions, as well as remote services; includes web based, telephony and other electronic delivery systems.
- Provide technical support to users when they have problems with technology equipment or software applications
- Monitor the performance of computer systems to ensure that they are operating efficiently
- Ensures process rigor and adherence to program methodology standards waterfall and agile.
- Implement new technologies to improve efficiency or eliminate inefficiencies in operations
- Ensure completion of daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual data processing tasks.
- Manage IT projects and work with appropriate departments as needed for completion of those projects.
- Research and recommend to executive management the systems and vendors which will enable the company to remain technologically secure, competitive in the industry, and cost-effective.
- Research and implement security processes that will keep network infrastructure and renter/operator data secure and in compliance.
- Create, maintain and update applicable sections of a Business Recovery Plan.
- Create, maintain, regularly implement and test a viable Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Create or revise information technology policies and procedures.
- Manage and develop staff to include performing performance reviews.
- Manage vendor relationships and perform annual risk assessments.
- Work with the CEO, CTO, and Executive Team to ensure appropriate level of risk management.
- In coordination with all departments, manage the compliance with rules and regulations regarding electronic services.
- Ensure adherence to all job-related aspects of the company’s compliance programs.
- Compliance with US Data Privacy Laws, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and other compliance programs and their implementing regulations, as they pertain to the position, is a condition of employment. Attendance to compliance training programs is mandatory. The participation or lack thereof of the company’s compliance and compliance training program is part of and may influence the results of the performance evaluation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for Vice President of Technology
- Bachelor’s/College Degree in Computer Science/IT or Computer/Telecom Engineering with 15 years + of Information Technology experience.
- Minimum of 10+ years of Technology Infrastructure and program management experience in management roles
- Proven track record of acting as a strategic IT business partner with senior leadership
- Proven ability to lead and motivate teams in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and work effectively across business boundaries
- Superior decision-making, client relationship, and vendor management skills.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to manage expectations of the business, clients, team members, management and external groups
- Strong understanding of SaaS technology trends and providers
- Excellent facilitation/influencing skills at all levels of the organization and demonstrated ability to interact with cross functional/cross cultural teams.
- Strong business acumen including a broad understanding of SaaS processes and practices
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills
- Self-started and quick learner
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated effectiveness in driving change
- Demonstrated competency with linking business strategy with IT technology initiatives
- Strong customer focus and ability to manage customer expectations