Product Owner / Producer 🔥
Who is mod.io?
mod.io is the world’s most trusted platform for the creation and discovery of fully cross-platform User-Generated Content (UGC) and mods in video games.
Many of the industries most innovative and successful games have UGC at their core. We’re talking about Counter-Strike, DotA, and PUBG. These games have become house-hold names and that same innovation is what drives us. We are a fast-growing, early-stage startup, backed by leading video game venture capital firms including LEGO Ventures, Tencent, and Makers Fund.
Our mission is to connect game studios and publishers with their communities by harnessing the power of UGC. And we’re doing it; our platform is embedded in over 150 games, including some of the biggest and best games in the world. Games like Deep Rock Galactic, Snowrunner, and Dying Light 2, and we support over six-and-a-half-million monthly users.
What is the role?
We are seeking an
experienced Product Owner / Producerto help us build and improve the industry's best interface for exploring and installing UGC. You will be part of the team that develops our open source plugins (Unity, Unreal Engine) and C++ SDK to assist game developers with integrating the mod.io platform in their game.
You will own the product life cycle, from initial design and delivery, to the maintenance and enhancement of a mature product, for new products for mod.io:
- Build a product roadmap - take the mod.io vision and desired end state for our product, and flesh out the problem space, high level solution and phasing
- Work with game developers, publishers, studios, stores, mod creators and players to understand their views and needs and feed this into the product roadmap on an ongoing basis
- Facilitate Quarterly planning (break the roadmap into deliverables per Quarter and per Sprint)
- Define the GTM strategy, approach and phasing for deliverables each Quarter
- Work with marketing, sales and support to bring the GTM strategy to life
- Facilitate the selection of 3rd party providers (if required) and work with them to ensure our approach is scalable, automated and compatible with our business model and the needs of our gaming partners and their creators and consumers
- Lead an agile, cross-functional team to build and deliver the agreed solution including: running sprint planning and retros, carding up work with clear and detailed requirements, business rules and success criteria and performing UAT testing on PC, console and VR
- Engage key people, internal and external, to provide feedback on the solution prior and post launch
- Collaborate with, engage and update internal stakeholders including CEO and Founder, Technology Founder and VP of Operations on key decisions, direction and progress
Why work at mod.io?
We’re very ambitious in what we want to achieve as a company, and we work closely together to achieve our goals.
- We’re transparent and honest, and our focus is on getting things done in the most efficient way possible - if something is slowing us down, we want to know about it and fix it.
- We’re a small team with 30 people globally. This means there are always opportunities both to shape your role and also how we do things.
- We offer maximum flexibility - you can work hours based on your location and choose where you work - work from home (WFH) or away (any location), or enjoy the perks of our brand new office in Prahran if you’re in Melbourne.
- We provide a competitive salary and equity in the company
- We value the career development of our people; we look to hire within when opportunities arise, and provide mentorship and support for all our team.
- We’re very proud that we have a safe, transparent working environment where everyone is welcome, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for jobs with us.
What are we looking for in candidates?
We are looking for humble, enthusiastic, self-starters who take ownership over what they create and will help us shape and improve the company. Even if you don’t match the qualifications exactly, if you’re confident you can do the job, or can grow into the role, please throw your hat in the ring.
We are looking for an experienced Product Owner / Producer with:
- 5+ years experience working as a Product Owner or a Producer, ideally in the video game industry or 5+ years experience working as a game developer in a team with a Product Owner or Producer
- Been part of a team that shipped at least one commercial game title
- Exceptional Scrum Master capabilities
- Strong understanding of game consoles, REST APIs and web sites
- Familiar with task-management software (ClickUp, Trello etc.)
- Excitement to dig in and experiment, with real attention to detail.
It would be awesome if you also have:
- A passion for video games and an understanding of the unique challenges UGC presents us and similar businesses like Youtube and Steam.
- Excellent facilitation skills
How do I apply?
This is a full time role. You can work remotely or from our office in Prahran, which is near Melbourne in Victoria, Australia.
If you fit the criteria and the job description sounds exciting, then please click the application button and provide:
- Your CV
- A cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria
If you don’t think you’re right for this role, but you’d love a role at mod.io, please fill in our Expression of Interest form .