Accounting Consultant - Remote 🔥
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position is a key member of the Provider Analysis Team. The successful candidate should enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be agile enough to juggle multiple and competing priorities, and still meet deadlines.
The Accounting Consultant must have a high level of attention to detail. This person must be a problem solver who can research, analyze, and articulate findings, and proposed solutions. Presentation and professional writing skills are also necessary for success in this role as communication is with all levels of the organization.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Heavy involvement in the monthly/quarterly close process
- Maintain general ledger accounts and related activities to ensure accurate GL reporting
- Prepare moderately complex journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare documentation in support of external and internal audits
- Review financial statements to determine compliance with provider key solvency indicators
- Develop innovative approaches for continued improvement in efficiency and effectiveness
- Serve as a liaison for Network Management and all facets of Finance
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them
- Review provider incentive program results
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues providing explanations and proposing solutions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
- 3 years accounting experience including month end closing, preparation of financial statements, financial and variance analysis, and preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Experience with Hyperion SmartView, PeopleSoft Financials, and Oracle
- Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Intermediate to advanced use of Excel
- Proven time management
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- Certified Public Accountant
- Healthcare experience
- Demonstrated organized and nimble enough to work multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Work with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving millions of people as we transform health care with bold ideas. Bring your energy for driving change for the better. Help us improve health access and outcomes for everyone, as we work to advance health equity, connecting people with the care they need to feel their best. As an industry leader, our commitment to improving lives is second to none.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $67,800 to $133,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.