Sr. Technical Designer 🔥
Salary: $39.65 to $44.06 Hourly
***Willing and able to work in our San Francisco, CA Headquarters - Full/time - Mon-Friday (only 1 day per week remote work)***
Our client is looking for an Technical Designer with experience in Womens Woven Bottoms to successfully utilize mastery and expertise to advance the creation and commercialization of premium performance life style products. In this role you will facilitate the transition of product from initial design and trend concept to a fit approved garment. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to drive innovation in construction, and appropriate raw materials for both fit and function.
In addition you will leverage and develop key vendor relationships to support working efficiently and driving fit consistency to improve the customer experience.
What You will do:
- Lead fit sessions and effectively communicate fit intent and balance to vendor base, delivering high quality product in fit, styling, detail, and functionality
- Create and maintain measurements, construction sketch, fit comments utilizing category standards, ensuring overall fit consistency
- Create seasonal patterns and mock ups by 2D flat pattern to support design development, leveraging technical knowledge to troubleshoot and resolve issues that are unique and may require a novel approach
- Identify potential production and quality concerns
- Manage and track competing seasonal deliverables, for products under your category
Who you are:
- Highly experienced in patternmaking, fabric knowledge, garment construction, manufacturing processes, and ability to utilize 2D patternmaking software (Optitex required).
- 3D style creation and ability to sew and construct garments a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of physical fit, evaluation of body size, shape and the relationship of clothing on the target body
- Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions, demonstrating curiosity and motivated to learn new skills and knowledge.
- Able to build collaborative, constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners as a technical resource and mentor of others
- Consumer advocate who understands our client's competitive landscape and is passionate about the customer base
- Knowledge of and experience in working with extended sizes (1x-3x) a bonus
The target hiring compensation range for this role is the equivalent of $39.65 to $44.06 an hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location.
Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match.