spanish Medical Interpreter 🔥
Summary: the Video Interpreter will cover a wide — range of shifts to serve our limited English proficient (LEP) community and the practitioners that serve them in a variety of medical settings via video.
AMN Language Services is a technology-driven company that is changing the way patients and medical professionals connect across all areas of health care. At AMN, our opportunity to strengthen the connection between technology and human interaction is what inspires us. AMN built its foundation in the language services industry by innovating various remote interpretation services that include onsite, video and audio interpreters. Stratus has leveraged its existing technology into a telehealth division aimed at improving patient care while reducing hospital costs. Led by a team of dedicated individuals with decades of experience in the health care and technology markets, AMN is committed to enabling visual communications and vital conversations.
Video Interpreter Responsibilities:
- Provide effective video remote interpreting service for consumers.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined by Stratus Video
- Exhibit professional behavior at all times including regular attendance, punctuality and preparedness for shifts, respectful and collaborative interaction with colleagues and supervisors, and timely and accurate record keeping.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt quickly to new and changing technologies.
- Complete video and platform training and pass the internal readiness check before taking live calls.
- Participate in ongoing quality assurance and call monitoring programs.
Spoken Language Qualifications:
- Fluent and have strong verbal communication skills in both the source and target language (i.e., Spanish-to-English, English-to-Spanish or vice-a-versa).
- Must have at least 2-5 years of community/medical interpreting experience.
- National interpreting certification CCHI or CMI or pass a medical interpreting language assessment.
- Credentialed in medical interpreting (ie: Bridging the Gap, MiTio, Cross-Cultural training, 40 hour accredited medical courses) preferred
- Strong aptitude and passion for customer service and interpreting.
- Respect for and understanding of our Limited English Proficient (LEP) clients, culture, dialect and beliefs and preferences as it relates to legal/medical care.
- Extensive knowledge of code of ethics and standards of practice (IMIA, NBCMI, and NCIHC).
- Familiarity with the medical profession and its privacy laws (HIPAA) as well as other state and federals laws applied to medical interpreting.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as a team even in a video remote interpreting environment.
- Pass the Stratus Medical Generalist 3.0 hour certificate upon completion of training.
Pay Scale: $18.00 - $22.00*
*Rate is subjective based on experience, training, education and location. There are some situations where the rate could be outside the notated range.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: Remote
- Health insurance