Senior Consultant - Forensic Accounting 🔥
The Vertex Companies, LLC (VERTEX) is a leading and fast-growth multidisciplinary professional services firm that provides forensic consulting, engineering design, construction project advisory, and environmental solutions. We primarily work with developers, REITs, insurance carriers, sureties, attorneys, architects, property managers, public agencies, general contractors, and institutional real estate and property owners to solve matters in the natural and built environment.
Ready to step up and help lead and grow our Forensics Accounting practice?
Looking for a company that cares about employees and supports their career development and growth?
Then it's time to look at VERTEX.
Senior Consultants focus on the management and execution of high-quality forensic accounting expert work and manage a team of forensic accountants. The Senior Consultant also manages existing client accounts and relationships and assists in business development activities.
- Direct the implementation of forensic accounting projects to meet the technical, client, and financial goals
- Provide senior technical leadership to project teams and act as a peer reviewer of client deliverables
- Ensure compliance with projects - local, state, and federal regulations and company policy
- Serve as an expert witness for forensic accounting-focused litigation matters (deposition, arbitration, or trial)
- Participate in business development activities and presentations, including regular contact with existing and prospective clients in the region
- Conduct billable client work and meet personal utilization goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field required - advanced degree preferred
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) required
- 10+ years of work experience in accounting/financial auditing gained working in top-tier management consultancies and/or forensics services specialized firms
- Certification and ongoing professional education in fraud examination related are preferred
- Proven record of completing investigations, compliance risk assessments, forensic audits, and providing dispute support; construction experience preferred
- Prior experience testifying as an expert witness
- Experience in providing senior-level peer reviews for technical deliverables
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to research, retrieve, prepare, and analyze data
- Proven track record of business development (new and existing clients)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong project management and conflict resolution skills
- Working knowledge of standard software packages (MS Office) required
VERTEX offers a solid total compensation package including base salary and discretionary bonus plan. We also offer a robust benefits package including, healthcare (with multiple plan options) and dental; Company-paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability. We offer a 401k plan with immediate match and vesting, Flex Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program, and other perks. We provide a generous paid time off plan for eligible employees including 15 days of vacation, 64 hours of sick time, and 9.5 paid holidays (prorated for eligible part-time employees). Our “Lifetime of Learning” program also offers tuition reimbursement and additional support for pursuing advanced education, to help employees grow their skills and careers.
VERTEX is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you require assistance to complete any part of the application process, please contact our Recruiting team at email@example.com.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that VERTEX does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, VERTEX will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, VERTEX explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of VERTEX.