Lead Designer 🔥
A Top U.S. retailer is hiring a Design Lead. Their Design Systems team builds and maintains a family of systems and standards that are used in products and services across the site. They create richly compelling digital experiences for customers and their associates – whether they are at home, in our stores, or on the go. Design systems are used across a diverse and expansive portfolio, from their primary consumer experiences to the apps their supply chain teams use to move items around the world.
As a Design Lead, you’ll be an integral part of driving inclusive, scalable, and useful solutions to a broad set of teams, transforming complex information and tasks into easy-to-use patterns for millions of customers and associates. To do this, you’ll create scalable solutions that balance business, technology, and brand considerations. You will create and champion an experience that is highly engaging and usable and deliver pixel-perfect detailed designs. You will build relationships with your product, engineering, and brand partners to evangelize the power of design systems and embed them across the organization.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you have:
- A deep understanding of design system that includes design patterns, components, and guidelines.
- A collaborative mindset to influence cross-functional teams, such as engineering, Marketing, and Brand to ensure consistent design across all touchpoints.
- Strategic and tactical points of view to maintain and build design guidelines, such as style guides, pattern libraries, and components that ensure consistency in visual design, interaction design, and user experience.
- A vested interest in the governance of their design system, providing feedback on designs submitted by other teams to ensure alignment with the design system.
- A strategic mindset and a system thinking approach to taking the complex and make it simple.
- Ability to produce great work in short timeframes, multi-task across different projects and platforms and adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the business.
- Experience facilitating Design Thinking in your cross-functional teams.
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to motive teams and partners.
- Find joy in leading by doing. You inspire, coach, and contribute to our team culture.
- A self-starter mindset who is well organized and always looking to improve things.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Designing at the highest level of craft for a broad population of customers.
- Leading a program of work and collaborating seamlessly with cross-functional partners through delivery.
- Creating the experience strategy and setting the design direction for the program that delivers on the user needs and business goals.
- Actively soliciting feedback from peers and cross-functional stakeholders though the product design lifecycle.
- Engaging the design research team at the right points during the design process to ensure the right insights inform the work
- Rapid prototyping and experimenting in a fast-paced environment.
- Multitasking across different projects and adapting to changing priorities.
- Creating scalable experiences in partnership with our Design System team.
- Working with our Design System team to expand the component library.
- Championing the Design Thinking philosophy throughout the business.
- Communicating effectively with kindness and empathy.
- Collaborating seamlessly with cross-functional partners.
- Staying up to date with the latest trends, in and out of retail.