Technical Support Manager 🔥
An increasing number of Americans – most of whom are women and people of color – are employed in service sector jobs that are marked by low wages, no health care, job insecurity, and lack of training and career advancement opportunities. The SEIU Education & Support Fund  tackles these issues by designing and facilitating worker-centered, relationship-based, and accessible education, training and workforce development programs. We serve as a strategic partner to the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), and collaborate with other unions, nonprofit organizations, government agencies, and employers to help workers access good jobs and spark positive social change. Throughout our work, we promote a culture of empowerment that honors experience, culture, diversity, and inclusion.
Child Care Providers United Training Fund is a coalition of organizations united by a shared vision for lifting up the leadership of family child care providers in California, the majority of whom are women of color and immigrants. Family child care providers, who run child care businesses out of their homes, represent an essential workforce in California and are drivers of economic regeneration and community health. Our providers work with the state to provide subsidized care services for our most underserved families and have a unique role in leveling the playing field, ensuring that all children, regardless of income, have access to quality care and education. Our early childhood educators create the foundation for wellbeing and academic success for children across the state, positively shaping our next generation.
ESF is excited to welcome a Technical Supports Manager for the CCPU California Training & Professional Development Program. The Technical Support Manager will be responsible for leading all aspects of technical support delivery for our California Early Child Care (ECC) training programs; including day to day oversight for the delivery systems across provider groups in multiple locations which provide access to educational opportunities.
This hands-on and participative Technical Support Manager will eventually supervise a small but mighty team of two and will report into the Director of Higher Education and Benefits.
Remote/work from home with periodic travel within California. Candidates must reside in California and be authorized to work in the United States. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all related operations for program including budget management, marketing, application and benefit process for members
- Provide exceptional customer service to stakeholders through in-person, phone, and virtual interactions
- Manage all planning and implementation related to the Technical Supports Benefit Program
- Provide project management to ensure all components of the Technical Supports Benefit Program are accounted for and implemented within prescribed timelines
- Coordinate and co-facilitate planning meetings and ensure agreements are recorded and shared with appropriate stakeholders and program staff
- Ensure program evaluation data is collected and maintained according to program guidelines
- Collecting and obtaining documents related to Technical Supports Benefit application process and the distribution of funds
- Design program reports to capture program success and challenges
- Manage direct reports by offering guidance, support, clearing roadblocks, and help prioritize initiatives.
- Create, design, and maintain the standard operating procedures and work flows for the department’s work
- Additional projects as assigned
- Is digitally fluent and comfortable using technology tools including Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Salesforce, SurveyMonkey, MailChimp, Trello, and Slack
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing and communicating multiple projects simultaneously to internal and external stakeholders who may not have technical expertise
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to evolving challenges, changes, and opportunities in a “start-up” work environment
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) within their department, team and people serviced
- Is committed to embodying ESF’s values and contributing to our worker-centered culture.
- Ability to work independently and be a self starter as well as a collaborator in a dynamic team environment; can balance inclusive processes while driving toward deadlines.
- Is able to work some evenings and weekends, and travel within the state of California
- Five to seven years of progressive experience managing and supporting multiple, diverse teams in a technical support role
- At least one year experience managing or overseeing a budget
- Proven ability to manage and complete projects that involve multiple stakeholders, timelines, and deliverables; experience or exposure to streamlining workflows, process management, and/or continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates excellent organization and time management skills
- Experience rolling out and creating policies and processes for internal staff and end users, providing support, and incorporating feedback
- Excellent internal and external communication skills, with an ability to communicate with people of diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience using an equity lens in decision making and strategic planning
- Experience working within workforce development, education, or related sectors
- Bilingual, especially in English and Spanish, Somali, Arabic, Chinese, Farsi, or Russian
- Experience working in a startup environment.
PAY AND BENEFITS
We offer competitive wages and top-notch benefits, including 100 percent employer paid medical, dental, and vision plans for the employee and eligible dependents; a defined benefit pension plan for retirement; paid holidays, sick leave, and personal days; and 4 weeks of vacation. We are a hybrid organization with co-located and remote staff. We provide a home office stipend for employees who telework, and cell phone stipend (or company sponsored cell phone) for all employees.
COMMITMENT TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
SEIU Education and Support Fund follows the spirit and intent of all federal, state and local employment law and is committed to equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. In alignment with our mission, we recognize the importance of our staff reflecting the communities our work aims to benefit as well as the desirability of increasing employment opportunities for people from historically marginalized groups. We encourage and seek applicants from people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, bilingual and bicultural individuals, and people with disabilities.