Senior Back-end Developer 🔥
Do you want to help us to change the world? At Chekin, We aim to change the way people travel by digitalizing the whole check-in experience. Connecting guests and hosts from the world to save time and money. But we’ve still got a long way to go…fancy joining us?
Our Product&Tech team includes a bunch of awesome and diverse people from different backgrounds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries.
Right now, we have checked-in more than 3 million guests around the world. We work across more than 200 countries, adapting our product fast to be leaders in all of those markets. We’re working on some pretty new projects with a solid set of product ideas lined up. We are looking for committed and proactive people who want to keep learning constantly and also, help us to grow technically and humanly working in collaboration with awesome people, and making an impact across our teams. Having a diverse and inclusive work environment is really important for us. That’s why we like to count with different points of view in our team that help us to solve problems in a better way.
- Work on cross-team, impactful projects.
- Lead parts of these projects helping your team to deliver in a fast, reliable and high-quality way.
- Work on building and maintaining distributed applications.
- Improve reliability, scalability and performance of our services so they always meet their SLAs.
- Develop new features, tweak existing ones in a data-driven fashion.
- Produce simple, maintainable code while always looking to improve on it.
- Own your code all the way to production with a self-service continuous delivery pipeline and production infrastructure.
- Run what you build using bleeding edge container orchestration and monitoring technologies.
Our Ideal candidate has:
- Great alignment with our values, we take this very seriously.
- Sound knowledge of common algorithms & data structures.
- Experience in developing medium/large-scale web applications and distributed systems in a production environment.
- Experience with common design and architectural patterns.
- Ability to work independently, but being a good team player too.
- Ability to understand and help to make great product and business decisions.
- Ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Experience designing and implementing a microservice based application using Python and Django framework.
- 5+ years of experience in building and deploying web applications using the Python ecosystem.
- Strong understanding of service-oriented architecture.
- Strong DevOps skills: experience in maintaining Amazon Web Services: EC2, RDS, EKS, etc.
- Experience in Kubernetes.
- Experience in browser automation using Selenium or similar.
- Basic front-end skills: HTML, CSS
- Basic ReactJS + TypeScript
- English (medium level)
What’s it like to work at CheKin?
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family.
- We will build a customized career plan for you
- We also offer a very competitive stock options plan. At Chekin we strongly believe highly committed, vision-aligned key roles must be long term investment in the company success, thus a significant portion of the compensation of roles such as this one goes in the form of stock options.
- The position is fully remote
- Flexible hours
- Regular team events
- Python 3
- Django Rest Framework
- Kubernetes, AWS EKS