senior Experiential Marketing and Events Manager 🔥
About the teamZillow’s experiential marketing and events team supports B2B and employee events. The team is responsible for curating memorable and unique experiences that drive business outcomes cultivate an emotional connection between external partners, our employees and the Zillow brand. This is actualized through conferences, trade shows, hospitality events and employee activations.
About the role
The Senior Experiential Event Manager will work closely with the Event Director and business partners on defining and delivering a B2B event strategy that advocates for the partner experience while driving business outcomes. Leading a small team of event experts, they will be responsible for driving 20+ in-person and virtual events a year each ranging in size from 50-2,000 attendees. The role requires a detailed understanding of event production, executive presence and a broader marketing competence to successfully collaborate with leaders across the company.
- Develop and implement an annual B2B event strategy that aligns with partners across product, sales, marketing and business OKRs.
- Develop a detailed understanding of Zillow’s For Sale business, establishing event goals/objectives and acting as a key strategic partner to the business and product teams.
- Manage $8M + annual budget, reporting on spend and return on investment generated for each program. Define effective measurement metrics and deliver post-event reports to Zillow leadership.
- Lead the project lifecycle of Unlock, Zillow’s largest annual partner conference, including venue sourcing, project timelines, agency direction, vendor management, budget management and onsite execution.
- People manage 2-3 event managers. Managing workload and focusing on career development.
- Lead all aspects of planning, production and execution of tradeshow booths, hospitality events, virtual webinars, conference spaces and gifting. Including but not limited to: venue sourcing and negotiation, tech and platform sourcing, technical production management, F&B, housing, permitting, creative design, talent sourcing and management, executive management, agency sourcing, etc.
- Project manage cross-functional work streams across sales, partner marketing, product marketing, industry relations, communications, creative design, product, external vendors, etc.
- Drive creative ideation and execution with internal and external partners.
- Procure and manage agency support.
Who you are
- 10+ years’ in event marketing with a primary focus on driving large scale B2B conferences and tradeshows.
- 1+ years of people management experience.
- Experienced project manager with the ability to advise cross-functional partners, build team resources and manage multiple concurrent projects across virtual, in-person and hybrid events.
- Adapts well to a fast-paced environment.
- Thoughtful and engaged leader who’s passionate about team development and growth.
- Track record of driving and piloting new insights, measuring the impact and iterating.
- Strong executive presence. Ability to effectively build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels and engage effectively with senior leaders.
- Ability to travel (15-25%) and attend in person events.
- Knowledge of the real estate industry and relevant conferences/tradeshows is a bonus, not required.
Get to know us
Zillow is reimagining real estate to make it easier to unlock life’s next chapter.
As the most-visited real estate website in the United States, Zillow® and its affiliates help movers find and win their home through digital solutions, first class partners, and easier buying, selling, financing and renting experiences. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help make it easier to move. The work we do is helping people move from dreaming to transacting — and no matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.
Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction are supported by a deep-rooted culture of innovation, our passion to redefine the employee experience, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. We’re also setting the standard for work experiences of the future, where our employees are supported in doing their best work and living a flexible, well-balanced life. But don’t just take our word for it. Read recent reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022 list, Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, honoring the Best Places to Work in 2022, Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index 2022, Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index and Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality 2022, and TIME 100 Most Influential Companies list.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at RecruitingAccessibility@zillowgroup.com.
Applicants who receive job offers from Zillow Group will be asked to sign a Proprietary Rights Agreement which includes confidentiality, intellectual property assignment, customer and employee non-solicitation, and non-competition provisions. If you are contacted for a role at Zillow Group and wish to review a copy of the Proprietary Rights Agreement prior to receiving an offer, you may request a copy from your Recruiter.