Full Stack Tech Fellow [full Time, Summer Contract] 2023 🔥
CodePath is a national nonprofit that brings together employers, students, and colleges to eliminate inequities in tech education and provide underrepresented students with a path toward economic mobility. Our programming centers on the needs and successes of Black, Indigenous, Latinx, and low-income Computer Science students. Founded in 2017, CodePath has taught over 10,000 students and delivered courses across over 70 universities. We are supported by some of the largest and most well-respected organizations, including Andreessen Horowitz, Blue Meridian Partners, Cognizant Foundation, Comcast, Google, Meta, Salesforce, Walmart, and Workday, among others.
About our Immersives:
A key part of our programming is our summer immersives: full-time programs that teach full stack web curriculum to rising college Juniors. Students are taught a rigorous web development curriculum, join specialized events and technical workshops, and are matched to industry experts for mentorship during the program. This is a seasonal, full-time (40 hour/week) position, candidates will be paid a competitive hourly rate for up to 11 weeks of full time training and program instruction. These programs run for 10 weeks from June to August and include fully remote and in-person positions.
Our current program scope calls for:
- 1 fully remote Tech Fellow
- 2 in-person Tech Fellows in San Francisco
- 1 in-person Tech Fellow in Menlo Park, CA
All relocation and housing expenses during the program are covered by CodePath.
About the Role:
Our Instructors are passionate educators and technologists who are deeply invested in providing opportunities for students identifying with underrepresented groups in tech. Instructors are responsible for the overall in-class experience of participants in the CodePath immersive program. They deliver lessons, facilitate collaborative lab sessions, and support students in designing and executing their own original projects.
Associate Instructors will need to be available during the following dates/time:
- May 8 - 31 (up to 60 hours total, dates/times TBD): Training
- June 5 - Aug 11 9:00am - 5:00pm PST: Program dates
*The exact dates of training and program run may vary slightly as details are solidified.
**Please note that we have accounted for closures due to national holidays and have program flexibility with time off during the summer.
- Help facilitate and answer student questions during technical lessons on the fundamentals of web development using React.js, Node.js, Express.js, and Postgres.
- Troubleshoot and debug a range of student issues during project worktime thoughtfully and professionally.
- Facilitate a variety of working sessions including morning stand-up and extended group project worktimes.
- Develop strong relationships with program participants to support their growth and development throughout the program.
Candidates will be paid a competitive hourly rate for up to 11 weeks of full time training and program instruction.
Our hourly band is $30 -$45 an hour, and the average compensation for full program participation is $18,800 for the summer program.
Candidate hourly rate is dependent on experience and new staff rarely start at the top of the range.
This position is not eligible for medical, dental, or vision benefits or paid time-off.
Note: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage individuals who believe they have the skills necessary to thrive at CodePath to apply for this role.
- Computer science (or related field) degree, full stack bootcamp certification, or comparable experience working in/learning software development
- Strong understanding of core technologies: React.js, Node.js, and foundational database knowledge. Our ideal candidate has strong familiarity with relational databases (e.g. Postgres, MySQL, etc.).
- Classroom support experience working with students, troubleshooting issues, and helping debug.
- Formal experience working as a web developer in core technologies a plus
- Tech nonprofit, startup experience a plus
About the Current Team
We are individuals from a multitude of backgrounds, experiences, and unlikely stories, all connected by a single dream: a world in which regardless of background, socioeconomic status, gender or race all people have pathways to reach their full potential.
With a staff and board that cares deeply about diversity and equity, we believe that diverse perspectives and backgrounds create a richer work environment and enhance our ability to pursue our mission.