The Interactive Designer will create the design and experience our users interact with on a daily basis. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Brand & Creative Services, you’ll ideate on and conceive exciting new web treatments, ads, and emails. You will also collaborate with our Marketing Operations team to create high impact, on-brand web pages and emails, including both internal and customer-facing assets.
Why you’ll love this role:
- Your work will be highly visible and have a deep impact on the brand and company goals
- You’ll continue to build your skills in designing high impact, engaging, and meaningful customer touch points
- You will be designing for customers and content management system, having an immediate effect on classroom experience for learners of all levels
- You’ll hone and develop your skills in Canva, Motion graphics or animation, and video editing/formatting
Why you’re a great fit:
- You have 2+ years of web design experience
- You’re a generalist in web design with a focus in motion, interactive or animation
- You have experience building front end, user-centric web pages and experiences
- You have both Basic HTML and CSS understanding
- You also have working experience using Adobe Creative Suite and other web design softwares
Compensation range: $100,000 – $120,000. Total compensation for this role also includes incentive stock options and benefits. This compensation range may be adjusted based on actual experience.
Newsela takes authentic, real world content from trusted sources and makes it instruction ready for K-12 classrooms. Each text is published at five reading levels, so content is accessible to every learner. Today, over 3.3 million teachers and 40 million students have registered with Newsela for content that’s personalized to student interests, accessible to everyone, aligned to instructional standards, and attached to activities and reporting that hold teachers accountable for instruction and students accountable for their work. With over 15,000 texts on our platform and multiple new texts published every day across 20+ genres, Newsela enables educators to go deep on any subject they choose.
Why you’ll love working at Newsela:
- Health & Wellness: Access to the world’s leading medical experts for healthcare (pets included!). Discounts and resources to stay healthy: mind, body, and soul.
- Work From Home: Almost all of our roles are fully remote – tech stipend included!
- Supporting ALL Families: Supplemental programs and time off to take care of your family and yourself.
- Time Off: Flexible PTO to recharge, including Sabbatical Leave
- Inclusive Experiences: Robust DEIB curriculum, Identity & Experience Groups (Affinity Groups + Employee Resource Group), Authentic & Transparent conversations with Executive Leadership Teams, and integration of DEIB lens across Talent lifecycle processes.
- Professional Development: Holistic Learning & Development Programs that enable meaningful & inclusive experiences, programs that build future-focused competencies, cohort & community learning sessions that foster a sense of belonging, and individual development plans aligned with your personal and professional aspirations to turn goals into reality.
- Make A Difference: No matter your role or department, the work you do each day helps share the future of education and improves the lives of students and teachers.