Product Design Intern 🔥
About This Role
Strava is the leading social platform for athletes and the largest sports community in the world, with over 93 million athletes in 195 countries. If you sweat you’re an athlete, and Strava’s mobile apps and website connect millions of active people every day!
- This is a full-time paid internship program spanning 10-12 weeks from June through August 2023.
Participation in the internship program requires that you are located in the continental United States for the duration of the program.
We are looking for a Product Design Intern to join us this summer. We are interested in speaking with you if you’re dedicated to designing user experiences, and are a driven and creative problem solver, who loves to work collaboratively with cross-functional partners.
- Junior undergraduate, senior undergraduate, or recent graduate. We are also open to candidates pursuing a career change or otherwise not currently in school.
- A great teammate and collaborator
- Innate curiosity and willingness to learn
- A strong baseline in visual design and/or interaction design skills
- Proficiency in Figma
- An eagerness to learn and a track record for being self-driven
- Interest in user research, design tools, and/or design systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Organized, detail-oriented, and a great ability to thrive in an ever-changing start-up environment.
- A proven track record of meeting goals and keeping projects on pace
- Participated in an end-to-end design process and/or utilized a design thinking process in a previous project
Here is what to expect during your Summer internship:
- You will work on initiatives across the product, partnering with and learning from a product design mentor
- Own the design for impactful features
- Create flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals for your features
- Connect with a design organization full of talented, compassionate people who represent the athlete voice and work to bring joy and fun to the connected fitness experience
- Collaborate with a terrific team of engineers, product managers, analysts, and researchers to forge strategies that make athletes, creators, partners, and Strava successful
- An impactful experience where you will develop skills to prepare you for a Product Design role
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. With billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and adventurous vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. Just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community. We are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture, and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company . We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
California Consumer Protection Act Applicant Notice