copywriter - Digital Platforms 🔥
Reports to: Jessica Ansari
Location: Remote, Southern California or New York City The Role The Copywriter, Digital Platforms has ample and proven experience storytelling, writing, and creating content for a contemporary audience. The copywriter should know how to speak to the heart of a story while also encouraging the audience to stay until the very end. They should be up to date with the latest trends in apparel and footwear fashion and understand where the industry, and UGG, is headed with materialization, innovation, and sustainability. The role is remote, but the copywriter must be willing to present in-office or other locations to learn new products, materials, and innovations, and participate in team events and meetings. The copywriter must feel comfortable with on-site work for product research as needed and at the discretion of the Senior Manager of Copy. The copywriter works with the copy team, and cross-departmental partners to complete and create content types including, but not limited to, blog posts, eComm copy, email copy, and planning and research documents such as internal catalogs, product naming when needed, proofs, and directives and toolkits to launch each new campaign. They should have an interest and experience in fashion, lifestyle, or other related consumer products. They contribute to product communications across touchpoints from conception to execution (pre-season and in-season), evolving the UGG tone-of-voice along the way in line with industry best practices. They are a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who develops strategies around how we speak to specific products/collections and why, working with partnered teams to align with cross-functional objectives. They will also be a skilled editor/proofreader with an eye for details (from punctuation to grammar to product naming conventions to DEI implications), working at every turn to position UGG as a sophisticated, intelligent, consistent, and socially responsible brand. Highly collaborative individuals who love and seek out valuable feedback will succeed in this role. This is a remote position, but there will be opportunities to connect in person and candidates should be willing to meet on an irregular basis in person for team meetings, brainstorms, and other top-level moments of contact. This position reports into the Senior Manager of Copy + Content, UGG Brand Communications. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write copy for, but not limited to, emails, campaigns, eComm platforms, blog series, and internal documents to support seasonal projects
- Available to assist key naming for new products
- Available to assist anywhere throughout the Go To Market process
- Evolve UGG product TOV for new categories (e.g., Apparel, Sustainability)
- Work in-season with cross-functional partners (e.g., Omni, Merchandising, UX) to develop/execute storytelling and consumer journey for key product launches.
- Develop conventions around how UGG communicates across platforms and touchpoints.
- Contribute to CSR communications, especially those related to materials and innovations, and vet said materials with Legal partners.
- Write and edit brand directives and toolkits, tracking changes along the directive and GTM processes and updating copy accordingly.
- Proof and edit image glossaries and other brand materials.
- Contribute to copy document for each campaign at varying levels, depending on the size of the campaign.
- Name products as needed
Your Impact The primary functions of this role, include but are not limited to: Storytelling
- 2. Writing
- 3. Research
- 4. Brand messaging
- A process-minded person who knows how to self-teach new programs, apps, workflows, and best practices.
- An ego-free partner who leaves drama, excuses, and time-wasters at the door.
- A team player who invites straightforward feedback to their work and is ready to implement it.
- A fashion-lover who understands the UGG lifestyle.
- A writer with a customer-service oriented approach to their work life.
- A friendly colleague who wants to work as part of a larger unit toward a shared goal and understands what it takes to get there.
- A brand champion, consumer-obsessed collaborator who puts the brand and our consumer first in all we do.
- A creative who understands the final output will be what’s best for the brand, not just the copywriter’s portfolio or personal point of view.
- A professional who is consistently looking to grow and understands their role and place on the team.
- A mature thinker who acknowledges and lives for the big picture and how to work within a complex and creative organization.
- Examples of previous storytelling work on digital platforms
- Working style that is collaborative and cross-functional with leaders and peers
- Published work on well-known websites or brand domains
- 1-3 years of experience in the area of focus
- An ability to develop an encyclopedic knowledge of UGG product lines across seasons
- An ability to quickly absorb and applies feedback and constructive criticism
- Strategic, big-picture thinking with an innate ability to ideate
- The grit to work well under pressure and can tackle tight deadlines when necessary
- The ability to complete a writing test prior to any interviews for this role
- Competitive Pay and Bonuses - We’ve created a variety of competitive compensation programs to foster career development, reward success and to show our employees just how much they’re valued.
- Financial Planning and wellbeing - No matter what financial goals our employees have set, we want to help them get there. Our plans provide powerful ways to protect income, pay for expenses and invest in the future.
- Time away from work - Sometimes we need time away to be with family, focus on our health or just simply recharge. Our plans support our employees’ needs to get out, get healthy and come back stronger than ever.
- Extras, discounts and perks - Being a valued member of the Deckers Brands team means more than just a paycheck. From generous discounts to community-based programs, we offer a variety of cool extras
- Growth and Development - Deckers Brands was built on the idea of pursuing passion. That’s why we offer extensive opportunities and support for personal and professional development.
- Health and Wellness - There’s nothing basic about our comprehensive health and wellness programs and offerings. While at work and at play, we aim to support a healthy lifestyle.
- The salary range posted reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this role in our Goleta, CA location. Individual pay will be determined by location and additional factors, including job related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Diversity and inclusion are key to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds who share a passion for our brands. We welcome qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition and all of the other beautiful parts of your identity.