Accounting Manager, Financial Products and Services 🔥
About the teamWe are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on, and results driven accounting leader to join our Financial Products & Services Accounting team! This is a highly visible role that will lead oversee key revenue processes inside of Zillow Home Loans, Zillow Group’s mortgage banking arm. In addition, this individual will be responsible for various project work related to process automation and standing up new processes as needed. Lastly, this individual will manage financial reporting for certain regulatory and banking counterparties. The ideal candidate for this position is hands-on, detail oriented, and can create clarity from ambiguity.
In This Role You Will:
- Review & oversee mortgage origination revenue entries & reporting.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly GL account analyses and fluctuations.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and automate where possible.
- Responsible for preparing and overseeing financial reporting for regulatory and banking counterparties.
- Drive completion of projects across the Financial Products & Services team by collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders.
About the role
We are a team of skilled accounting professionals and fun people who enjoy working in a collaborative environment within an innovative, fast-paced company. We work directly with teams throughout the Finance organization including Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting, Tax, and FP&A, as well as Compliance, and FinTech Engineering.This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role. In California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City and Washington the standard base pay range for this role is $86,200.00 - $137,800.00 Annually. This base pay range is specific to California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City and Washington and may not be applicable to other locations. In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location.
Who you are
- BA/BS with a concentration in Accounting or Business
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- 5+ years’ experience in public accounting, or a high-growth real estate company
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work on projects across multiple teams to achieve desired outcomes
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills with the ability to present findings and interact at all levels of the organization
- Ability to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced, rapidly-evolving and data driven organization
- Experience managing and/or participating in a monthly close process
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office
- Workday, Tableau, and G Suite experience a plus
Get to know us
Zillow is reimagining real estate to make it easier to unlock life’s next chapter.
As the most-visited real estate website in the United States, Zillow® and its affiliates help movers find and win their home through digital solutions, first class partners, and easier buying, selling, financing and renting experiences. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help make it easier to move. The work we do is helping people move from dreaming to transacting — and no matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.
Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction are supported by a deep-rooted culture of innovation, our passion to redefine the employee experience, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. We’re also setting the standard for work experiences of the future, where our employees are supported in doing their best work and living a flexible, well-balanced life. But don’t just take our word for it. Read recent reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022 list, Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, honoring the Best Places to Work in 2022, Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index 2022, Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index and Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality 2022, and TIME 100 Most Influential Companies list.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at RecruitingAccessibility@zillowgroup.com.
Applicants who receive job offers from Zillow Group will be asked to sign a Proprietary Rights Agreement which includes confidentiality, intellectual property assignment, customer and employee non-solicitation, and non-competition provisions. If you are contacted for a role at Zillow Group and wish to review a copy of the Proprietary Rights Agreement prior to receiving an offer, you may request a copy from your Recruiter.