lead Software Engineer - Remote 🔥
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
The health solutions marketplace is hungry for new ideas, innovative products and software that drives elevated performance for the business and the customer. The UnitedHealth Group family of businesses is feeding incredible solutions to that marketplace every day by bringing out the best in our software engineering teams. We serve customers across the health system. Not only do we have more of them every day, we also have more technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than any competitor anywhere. We're out to change the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. If you're in, you'll be challenged like never before. It's time to join this history making.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and continuously improve software to support customer needs
- Build extensible and reusable user interface components for seamless customer experience
- Partner with product management, architects, and engineering leadership to bring creative technology and solutions to solve healthcare problems
- Drive adoption of enterprise strategies in product and ensure alignment of solutions with business and broader engineering teams
- Accountable for software deliverables along with the team. Support the product and keep the quality bar elevated
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion to prioritize, plan and manage the activities of the team
- Coach and empower team members to help accomplish business and career objectives
- Partner with broader engineering team to drive innersource adoption
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of software engineering experience
- 4+ years of experience with React and/or React Native
- 4+ years of experience with web or mobile development with relation to the User interface, experience, and design
- 4+ years of web or mobile development with understanding of client and server topology and communication
- Product related development experience within design and UX development
- Strong expertise in product life cycle and product operations in production
- Strong hand-on experience working with AWS cloud, Jenkins, etc.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience
- Experience using RESTful APIs and asynchronous JS
- Experience creating accessible web applications (WCAG 2.0 or 508)
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience migrating from Angular to React
- Experience in the Healthcare industry
- Familiar with authorization frameworks like oAuth 2.0, SAML or OpenID Connect
- Comfortable with Git, CI/CD automation and AWS cloud
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
- All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.