Marketing Content Editor 🔥
Location: Remote (EST Hours)
Job Terms: Temporary
Salary: $32-38.49 / hr.
Start date: 02/06/2023
Our client is seeking a Marketing Content Editor to add to their growing team. This is a long-term, remote opportunity (EST hours).
- Cross-reference information to ensure content is accurate, relevant, and up to dateUnderstand intended audience and where they are in the customer journey to ensure copy meets their needs
- Proofread text and provide clear direction on content edits at various stages of the writing process
- Review creative briefs and job tickets to identify purpose, and make sure requests have been met and all direction has been incorporated
- Review assets to ensure copy is engaging, informative, actionable, and optimized for conversion
- Apply consistency across all assets
- Keep abreast of trends in content and style
- Provide clear feedback and guidance to writers
- Reference and follow style guides to meet the needs of partner brand preferences, style, and tone
- Work in a timely manner to meet deadlines.
- 3-5 years copy editing experience
- Solid communicator, collaborator, and team player
- Experience working in marketing or advertising a plus
- Experience editing a range of digital and print content (web, email, SEO, PPC, social, presentations, white papers)
- Experience editing B2C and B2B communications
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to work in a busy environment juggling multiple priorities
- Proficiency with applying the principles of AP style, with the ability to adjust or bend rules for marketing purposes when needed to different types of writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Ability to remain detailed-oriented and focused when processing large amounts of text
- Willingness to collaborate with a creative team of writers, graphic designers, and others
- Strong computer skills, especially using Microsoft 365
- Basic knowledge of legal issues involved in publishing, such as libel and plagiarism
- Mastery of spelling, grammar and punctuation errors and ability to make constructive suggestions
- Knowledge of media production and communication a plus
- Knowledge of working in a SCRUM environment is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, or marketing preferred. Related fields and experience considered