Senior Product Designer, Meetup Pro and Partnerships 🔥
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Our benefits include:
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 16 weeks of paid family leave + option for additional unpaid leave
- 15 Company holidays
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Annual learning and development budget
- 401K with employer match
As Senior Product Designer, you will invent new ways of connecting people to the communities and activities that they love. If you're someone who is passionate about developing strategies based on insights from real people and can turn those insights into beautifully designed prototypes and products, both interactions and visuals, then this may be the role for you.
What you'll do:
- Be senior designer as part of a cross-functional product team leading the end-to-end product design process, shipping features across native mobile and web platforms (research, wireframes, prototypes, flows, detailed design specs, managing the visual QA and implementation process)
- Be a part of a team spanning two major growth areas: partnerships and Meetup Pro, our upgrade product for small businesses
- Be autonomous - you'll take full ownership of your work and you take responsibility for every detail each step of the way
- Inspire what's possible by quickly producing multiple concepts, knowing when to apply attention to detail and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
- Communicate clearly to present your work at different stages
- Actively participate in design critiques to give and receive feedback from other designers to make your work stronger
- Ability to think long and short-term to meet the constraints of a continuous release process while iterating toward a future vision
- Partner with the product manager on your team to articulate the long, medium, and short-term opportunities, facilitating alignment exercises when needed (e.g. design sprints, workshops, planning)
- Build a deep understanding of Meetup's design systems, inter-dependencies, and product roadmap as well as our product development process
Who you are:
- You have 4-8 years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech or social media companies across responsive web and native mobile apps
- You're an excellent communicator and can clearly articulate your design decisions
- You have a user- and data-focused design mentality and are constantly looking to sharpen your instincts through user feedback and data insight
- You have the ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- You have experience in building and shipping applications or software
- You have a portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work backed data driven decisions
- You are excited to help build and lead a design culture at Meetup
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?
The pay range for this position is $120,000 - $150,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, candidate location, and experience. This role can be located anywhere in the US.