Full Stack Developer 🔥
W2 with Full Benefits
Location - NASA Goddard - Greenbelt, MD The US base salary range for this full-time position is $100,000-145,000 + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Responsibilities: The NASA SES III contract provides IT services throughout all aspects of the engineering process of the entire space systems arena. We are looking for a mid or senior level Full Stack developer who values exploration, discovery, efficiency, and finding resolutions to complex issues. Our team supports NASA’s Earth Science Data and Information System (ESDIS) located at the Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC), “home to the nation's largest organization of scientists, engineers and technologists who build spacecraft, instruments and new technology to study Earth, the sun, our solar system and the universe.”
The ESDIS Project has the responsibility to develop, lead, monitor, leverage, and interoperate the data system activities of the overarching EOSDIS (Earth Observing System Data Information System). NASA’s Earth Observing System Data and Information System (EOSDIS) has been a central component of the NASA Earth observation program since the 1990s. The system supports a variety of science disciplines including land use and land cover change, radiation budget, polar, ocean and atmosphere processes, global climate change, and socio-economics applications. The EOSDIS data centers, collocated with centers of science discipline expertise, archive and distribute standard data products produced by science investigator-led processing systems. The architecture of the EOSDIS provides a platform for the publication, discovery, understanding and access to NASA’s Earth Observation resources and allows for easy integration of new datasets.
Candidate will work closely with our other developers, engineers, operators, and our NASA customers providing development support to NASA’s Global Imagery Browse Services GIBS (https://earthdata.nasa.gov/gibs), an open-source web service and the backend to NASA's Worldview (https://worldview.earthdata.nasa.gov/), as it finalizes its transition from a Linux-based on-premises system to an Amazon Web Services cloud-computing environment. Your primary responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Provide software development support that will ingest and process visualization from NASA EOSDIS partners.
- Utilize AWS scripts/services to scale and deploy code.
- Participate in software requirements, code reviews, and test plan reviews
- Ensure clear and thorough code and design documentation.
- Collaborating with team members to plan, estimate, and write clear user stories / acceptance criteria, and communicate effectively on Slack, Teams, etc.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related IT field from an accredited institution.
- 3-5 years’ experience with Node.js and Python backend integration
- Experience in operational deployment, troubleshooting, and issue resolution preferable in a cloud environment (AWS, EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda).
- Experience developing and executing continuous integration tests (e.g., Bamboo, Jest, Ava, Mocha)
- Demonstrated experience effectively maintaining a version-controlled code repository using modern tools (e.g., git)
- Experience developing with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Experience with Docker / containerization software
- Good written and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience working successfully with a distributed team
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Ability to obtain required National Agency Check (NAC) clearance
Remote position. Candidate must be able to support East Coast time zone and occasional visits to the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD office and/or travel.