Social Media Manager 🔥
Reports to: VP Marketing & Campaigns
Position Status: Full-time
Location: Worldwide, remote workplace
To apply, please email a letter of introduction and resume along with your earliest start date and salary requirement to: email@example.com
The Physicians Association for Nutrition (PAN) is an international NGO on a mission to eliminate diet-related deaths globally. By making whole food, plant-based nutrition a core part of healthcare and by engaging health professionals in efforts towards healthy and sustainable food environments we are advancing the food transformation needed to mitigate the three largest global health crises: chronic disease, climate change and pandemic risk.
PAN was founded in Munich, Germany, in 2018 and has since established branches in countries across Europe and around the world, including Israel, South Africa and the USA.
PAN strives to:
- make nutritional education a key part of medical school and the training of all health professions
- empower health professionals and students by providing education and clinical tools
- create effective nutrition programs and resources to optimally support patients and the broader public
- change hospital menus to include more nutritionally sound options
- build a global network of health professionals, scientists, and students
- create systemic changes and shape healthy food environments
We deliver evidence-based nutrition and health information, reevaluating our content regularly following the newest available and most thoroughly researched findings while recognizing and addressing the opportunities and limitations of particular research results and established scientific methods. We appreciate, welcome, and foster scientific exchange and discussion.
About the Role
PAN is building a global network of health professionals eager to make nutrition a core part of healthcare and to actively change food environments. Social media, email marketing and our website are essential platforms to spread this information and connect with our growing international community of like-minded medical students and health professionals.
As PAN’s Social Media Manager you will be responsible for presenting the organisation as a reliable, go-to resource for evidence-based nutrition information. You will make decisions on how best to reach various target audiences including healthcare professionals, the general public, policy-makers and members of the press.
You will schedule, prepare and publish engaging and relevant content for PAN’s various social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube. You will design great visuals and write inspirational and accurate texts that delight our social media followers. You will also be in charge of the monthly newsletters and other email marketing campaigns.
You will work closely with the medical content team to share science-based nutrition content that they produce, and you will coordinate promotional campaigns for events, our online courses (i.e. PAN Academy) and other projects and news.
We’re looking for an individual who knows what great marketing content looks like. You instinctively understand how to nurture engagement and how to reflect PAN’s mission and value through well-presented content and campaigns. You are not afraid to experiment with formats and you bring creative ideas to the table.
- Manage PAN’s public image and posting schedule across our social media portfolio
- Create engaging and relevant content that is tailored towards each marketing channel and in formats that nurture the growth of the community
- Regularly promote our online learning content (i.e. PAN Academy courses, webinars, and other educational resources)
- Coordinate campaigns and collaborations with social media teams representing our international branches and student groups
- Grow our newsletter audience and develop email marketing strategies
- Monitor and analyse content peformance and give recommendations for improvements and new formats that drive engagement
- Ensure all PAN public profiles reflect our brand identity and maintain a professional and science-based approach to nutrition and medical information
- Contribute ideas for the development of our social media profiles and marketing strategies
- Plan and coordinate the editorial calendar and posting schedule across PAN’s social media profiles
- Design & prepare social media content (texts and images) for various formats on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Coordinate with volunteers and international social media teams who create and post content on behalf of PAN around the world
- Plan and write our monthly newsletter and special email marketing campaigns
- Schedule or publish posts according to the editorial calendar
- Write great copy that reflects our mission and is free from spelling and grammar errors
- Conduct other marketing activities when appropriate (i.e. respond to journalists, prepare and distribute press releases)
- Other project-related tasks
PAN consists of a team of highly dedicated and intrinsically motivated staff and volunteers. As a growing nonprofit start-up, we constantly evolve and create new working fields to advance our mission. As part of our core team, you will be given the opportunity to develop ideas from the start and take meaningful and diverse projects from concept to delivery on a global level.
- Experience creating branded content for social media or other marketing platforms
- Excellent ability to write engaging content that speaks to our target audiences
- Excellent spoken and written English and German (attention to grammar, spelling and consistency is a must)
- A great eye for visual design (experience in graphic design using Canva, Photoshop or similar is a big plus)
- Strong organizational skills and a close attention to detail
- Strong commitment to our values and mission, and high intrinsic motivation
- Ability to work remotely under minimal supervision
- Willingness to work as part of a global, remote team
- Optional: WordPress (Divi) knowledge
- Optional: experience in other areas of marketing such as PR and SEO
- Optional: an educational qualification in medicine or nutrition science
Strengthened by Diversity
At PAN, we believe that the best ideas come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences. Committed to inclusivity, diversity, and equity, PAN offers equal opportunities to all applicants regardless of colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, age or genetic information.