Lead Devops Engineer 🔥
Zunch Labs is a rapidly growing telecom workforce and field services company based in Plano, Texas that offers its employees a clear path for advancement, top industry compensation, work-life balance, diversity, and team-building activities and events.
THE COMPANY: Each day, Zunch Labs Telecom Solutions connects people to meaningful work across the wide range of telecom skills and is on the cutting-edge of the 5G and digital transformation of the telecom sector and we are known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
- Our goal is to be the partner of choice for the world's leading telecom service providers by helping them create, build, and maintain the most innovative, reliable, and cost-effective telecom systems and to meet their needs through the rapid deployment of their products and services.
- We believe in finding, retaining, and providing the best telecom talent to serve our customer's needs and to inspire and implement the best telecom workforce solutions.
THE POSITION:We're looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer. The pay range we're offering is $100k to $150k per year. We offer a generous compensation plan based on industry standards and your experience.
- We proudly offer comprehensive and competitive benefits programs to our employees and their families.
- Medical – company pays 80-90% of employee cost and contributes to over half of dependent premium.
- Dental and Vision – company pays 60% of employee cost and 50% of dependent premium.
- FSA – Flexible Spending Account.
- HSA – Health Savings Account.
- Employer paid basic life, short term disability, and long-term disability for eligible employees.
- 401k Plan – day one eligibility; company match; fully vested – no waiting period.
- Technicians are paid their base hourly rate as mileage compensation (50 miles = 1 hour).
- Work authorization (required).
- Must be based in USA.
- 2+ years of work experience with a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or other technical discipline preferred. Or, equivalent work experience in DevOps.
- Experience developing and supporting Jenkins pipelines, shared libraries, Jenkins plug-ins for continuous integration and continuous deployment/delivery and related tools that come with developing this framework.
- 2+ years of previous experience with DevOps tools such as (Jenkins, Maven, ANT, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, BitBucket, Artifactory, etc.).
- 2+ years of experience related to source control tools (GIT, BitBucket, Stash, Microsoft's TFVC, GitHub) and branching strategies.
- 2+ years of experience with automation using advanced scripting languages (Groovy, Ruby, PowerShell, Linux/Unix shell, Python)
- 2+ years of experience with CI/CD Orchestration tools (Blue Ocean, GitLab, TeamCity, CircleCI, Bamboo).
- Experience with Chef development on Windows environments or Chef development experience on Linux environments.
- Knowledge of infrastructure concepts (IP networking, load balancers, firewalls, Certificate management, etc.).
- Knowledge with development frameworks such as (Web Services, REST API's, JSON, etc.).
- Knowledge of .NET and Java application development tools such as (Jenkins, Maven, ANT, MS Build, Visual Studio, TFS, Eclipse, etc.).
- Experience with containers and container orchestration tools (Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Cloud tools (Azure, AWS, Google).
- Experience related to infrastructure development, or site reliability operations.
- Experience with deploying web servers and keeping apps running.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in team in diverse/ multiple stakeholder environment.
- Ability to work in a collaborative multi-application team environment.
- Experience and desire to work in a global delivery environment.
- Independent work style and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to track daily duties and time.
Responsibilities: As the Lead DevOps Engineer you will design, develop and support an on-premise, agile development lifecycle (SSDLC) by designing an automated and defect free implementation process into numerous non-production and production environments. This includes new product requests, migrating applications into a standard Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) framework and automation of manual tasks. The goal being to deliver services and products more efficiently and higher quality. Actively promote and educate the organization about DevOps practices for changing the culture, improving practices and processes, and leveraging automation technologies.
- Develop, maintain and support (CI/CD) framework across multiple on-premise environments for building and deploying 3-tier DotNet and Java applications.
- Develop and support declarative and scripted Jenkins pipelines.
- Develop and support Jenkins shared libraries and using Jenkins plug-ins as needed.
- Build value into the Jenkins CI pipeline for validating coding standards and security checks using tools such as SonarQube, Checkmarx and BlackDuck.
- Develop and automate Jenkins CD pipeline using configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
- Configuring and supporting DotNet and Java application operating system level tasks and configurations.
- Using scripting languages for automation and supporting the (CI/CD) framework such as Groovy, Ruby, PowerShell, Unix/Linux Scripting, Python.
- Document processes and procedures related to all DevOps tasks and development.
- Improve our customer experience by reducing errors, improving quality, improving efficiency and identify manual processes that can be automated.
- Partner with developers, quality engineering, project management, operations & infrastructure, Software Configuration Management team and architecture teams to design, develop and maintain the delivery of software through automation, continuous integration, and delivery pipelines to the customer.
- Participate in Agile processes including stand-ups, sprint planning, Scrum and Kanban, code reviews and retrospectives.
- Schedule, implement, and automate security compliance patching and updates to servers across multiple environments.
- Learn quickly, ask questions and be proactively curious in all technical areas.
- Must be flexible and collaborate with team members and with other teams.
- Demonstrates leadership ability and strong mentoring skills.
- Work independently exhibiting multitasking and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication (oral & written) skills including the ability to translate technical issues/concepts into ways for non-technical staff to understand.
The Location: This position is remote.
Why Should You Apply?
- Top industry compensation plan.
- Great benefits.
- Work-life balance.
- Opportunities for on-the-job training.
- Clear path for advancement.
- Quality of management and coworkers.
- Collaborative and forward-thinking team.
- Team spirit.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Zunch Labs Telecom Solutions is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.