Full Stack Developer 🔥
The Community Food Navigator seeks a full stack developer to lead the continued development and maintenance of our cross-platform app. You’ll be working on new features, enhancements to existing functionality, and managing our AWS environment.
Experience building and maintaining highly scalable, flexible, content-driven enterprise applications is strongly preferred.
The Full Stack Developer will plan and develop specialized applications software in support of the Community Food Navigator’s mobile application and its future integration with the next version of its website.
This person will have the chance to work alongside the developers who have built the app for the last year to support their professional development, knowledge transfer about the approach to the coding and architecture, and transition from external development and maintenance to internal development and maintenance for the first four months of the role.
This position is full-time, reporting to the Project Executive Director, and working in partnership with the Managing Director of Community Engagement and a Project Coordinator focused on digital community building.
The community of Navigator app users guide the development and use of resources and tools. It is a network-driven resource hub intended to support community-driven food system practitioners who set priorities and steward solutions based on their lived experiences.
Responsibilities and Tasks
● Collaborates with Navigator community engagement teammates and community members to understand user needs; drafts initial proposal and design of software to meet these needs.
● Assesses feasibility of design and project parameters within time and cost constraints.
● Analyzes user needs in partnership with Navigator community engagement teammates and designs software for project use.
● Develops code and designs software applications based on user specifications.
● Modifies existing software to correct errors or improve performance.
● Monitors and assists with software testing and validation procedures and programming.
● Monitors and assists with software installation; ensures application operates within established specifications.
● Gathers and evaluates user feedback in partnership with product coordinator/community engagement teammates and modifies software for better usability (nice to have)
● Designs databases for specific application areas.
● Determines required system performance standards and hardware configurations based on project specifications, budget, security needs, and other parameters.
● Collaborates with systems analysts, engineers, and programmers to design systems to support required applications.
● Advises team operations lead and MSP provider on software maintenance related to products.
● Performs other related duties as assigned.
App development experience should include proficiency with the following technologies:
● Vue.js ● Quasar ● NexusJs ● Prisma ● GraphQL* ● MySQL
*please note Graph QL experience is a must have skill to successfully perform this job
DevOps experience should include familiarity with the following technologies:
● Docker ● Drone EC2 ● RDS ● ECR ● ELB ● Cognito ● SES
Education, Skills, and Experience
● Route 53 ● S3 ● IAM ● Cloudwatch ● VPC ● Certificate Manager
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field required.
● Three to five years of experience as a software developer or engineer is preferred.
● Experience managing technology development and use in support of community organizing and social impact preferred
● Extensive knowledge of coding languages and systems.
● Ability to learn new coding languages and technologies.
● Cultural competence, commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and demonstrated commitment to positively contributing to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization.
● Experience in nonprofit or philanthropic sectors with an interest and experience in racial and economic equity and justice-centered work is preferred
● Ability to work quickly and effectively with a broad range of people and disciplines 2
● Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
● Proven track record of taking initiative and problem solving
● Ability to prioritize work and multi-task multiple strands of work
● Energized by collaborating with non-technical teammates and community members with deep understanding of user needs
● Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (written and verbal).
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Excellent time management skills with the proven ability to meet deadlines.
● Has access to home office, internet, cell phone