Senior Full Stack Developer, Dtc 🔥
No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 137542 - Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
Do you want to come to work with a smile and leave with one as well? In between those smiles, your day consists of working in a global organization, continually learning and collaborating, having stimulating discussions, and making impactful contributions!
If this is how you see your career, Colgate is the place to be!
Our dependable household brands, dedicated employees, and sustainability commitments make us a company passionate about building a future to smile about for our employees, consumers, and surrounding communities. The pride in our brand fuels a workplace that encourages creative thinking, champions experimentation, and promotes authenticity which has contributed to our enduring success.
If you want to work for a company that lives by their values, then give your career a reason to smile...every single day.
This position has a full remote option with preference in Piscataway, NJ location.
The Sr. Full Stack Developer is responsible for designing, planning, and development of different functionalities and processes in the Direct to Consumer (DTC) landscape. This person will provide their guidance and direction to other developers within agile scrum teams and help product architects to define best practices and design decisions.
This position should be able to learn new technologies and tie business processes and requirements to full end to end designs. The ideal candidate has experience solving complex business problems at scale.
This role will involve planning, design, development and maintenance of our frontend and backend. The ideal candidate is very self-motivated, data-driven, and can work well both independently and within a team. They are a self-starter - eager to learn new technologies and consider security, performance and user interface implications in their designs.
What you will do
- Architect, design, develop, and assist in the development of web applications to support internal and external clients and stakeholders
- Collaborate and lead a team of developers to design end-to-end, industry-leading systems and solutions
- Work closely with internal team and external partners to ensure new developments align with roadmap and integrate seamlessly with other platform components
- Rapidly prototype new ideas, concepts, and designs
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Self-document development processes, conduct peer reviews, and give actionable feedback
- Manage and maintain data models
- Improve test coverage of existing code bases
- Manage tasks of junior developers
- Support ongoing development for existing projects/applications
- Identify opportunities to leverage new technologies to enhance applications
- Opportunity to Manage People
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Engineering or similar degree
- At least 6+ years’ experience developing and deploying end to end web applications
- At least 3+years of experience with full product life cycle releases
- Strong experience applying test driven development methodologies to complex business problems
- Relational database technologies and data modeling
- Optimizing and scaling code in a production environment
- Developing applications on cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Containerization (Docker or Kubernetes)
- Managing source code with git
- Knowledge of and experience applying security best practices and patterns
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency with Git version control
- Familiarity with browser rendering behavior and performance
- Familiarity with JS automated testing tools and frameworks
- Experience with backend/API development
- Interest in DevOps principles
- Experience with capabilities of major Cloud Service providers (Google, AWS, Azure)
Salary Range $107,760 - $158,445 USD
Pay is based on several non discriminatory factors including but not limited to experience, education, skills and office location. In addition to your salary, Colgate-Palmolive offers a performance based bonus and competitive benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill's and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.