Sr Back End Java Developer 🔥
This is a long-term role with our client's Defense Orchestrator (CDO) team. CDO develops new features and improvements for a dashboard that enables teams across our client's business units to easily manage policy and configuration of their security group’s firewalls. The team is based in Boston, but this is a remote position. CDO is a growing part of our client's organization with a handful of teams made up of 5-6 people: A mix of front-end, back-end, and full stack developers of varying experience levels as well as DevOps/CI resources. The team prides themselves on low process and high throughput. As such they move quickly with daily stand-ups and weekly deployments.
We are looking for an experienced Backend Java Developer to help build this innovative product.
- Participate as a technical contributor on a fast-paced project team of engineers involved in the development of SaaS security products
- Contribute to all phases of software development lifecycle, from requirement gathering through implementation, testing, and maintaining multiple code modules
- Contribute to the development of aggressive project goals and schedules
- Research and recommend technologies to help further product goals
- Create innovative solutions for complex technical problems
- Interface with the greater Cisco technical support team
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Required Experience and Skills
- Extensive technical depth in core Java, with a focus on scalability
- Knowledge of current Java frameworks, SDKs, APIs, and libraries
- Ability to deliver high quality features with extensive automation coverage, including experience applying test driven development methodology and troubleshooting software issues and system bottlenecks
- Proficiency in debugging and troubleshooting issues in a distributed environment
- Some SaaS exposure
- Computer science or equivalent degree with 7+ years of experience
Desired Experience and Skills
- Knowledge of security technologies including firewalls and IPS
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Experience working on a SaaS product
- Experience working with large-scale Java applications and/or popular Java frameworks like JSF and Spring MVC is a plus
- Agile software development experience
- Good understanding of backend software architectures and server-side processing
- Experience working with and/or creating APIs
- Experience interfacing with and/or designing software databases
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.