Social Media Manager 🔥
Part-Time Virtual Position ($50/hr, 10 hrs/week to start)
Just Beginnings Collaborative (JBC) is a donor and organizing community re-examining the root causes of child sexual abuse and how to resource true prevention. Together, we dream of a world in which communities can transform the ways we help children stay safe while honoring their self-determination. We are seeking a social media manager to oversee JBC’s online presence and create content to support our work of shifting the narrative around child sexual abuse prevention and amplifying non-institutional practices that honor the wisdom of children and communities.
Just Beginnings Collaborative is a fiscally sponsored project of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a brief cover letter, resume/c.v., and samples to
JBC believes in the tremendous strength of multiple and differing stories—we believe these alternatives hold the keys to ending child sexual abuse. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences. We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, and persons with disabilities to apply. We actively cultivate an inclusive co-working environment that mirrors the cultural and narrative shifts we want to see in the world.
- Oversee JBC’s social media strategy to attract, engage, and grow our audience
- Create and post/share digital content (writing and graphics) for social media channels (Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube) and Mailchimp newsletter
- Create and maintain content calendar for social media accounts and serve as point person for social media requests
- Work with Communications Consultant and Deputy Director to develop, execute, and approve content and campaigns
- Compile web, email, and social networking analytics into monthly reports and/or as requested
- Respond to social media comments and inquiries in a timely and appropriate manner
- Increase the number of people in JBC’s online communities and levels of engagement
- Attend JBC or partner events and collect media, information, or quotes as appropriate and share to social media
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS
- An understanding of the values of social justice and commitment to continued learning on issues related to race, gender, sexuality, disability, inclusion, and belonging
- The ability to bring a hopeful, cooperative, and authentic sensibility into JBC’s virtual working space
- 2+ years experience managing social media strategy/accounts and creating engaging content, ideally in a nonprofit, grassroots, or social justice space
- Expertise using Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Mailchimp; experience with scheduling applications like Hootsuite or Buffer and design applications like Canva
- An understanding of the social media landscape: trends, hashtags, memes, functionalities, and best practices
- Knowledge of accessibility considerations and how to create accessible content (e.g., using alt text)
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- The ability to work independently
- Eye for design and branding
- Experience and familiarity with Google Drive, Slack, Zoom, and Asana
- Graphic design skills or experience overseeing designers
- Light video editing skills
All of our personnel decisions are made without discrimination based on any protected characteristic as defined by law (e.g., race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, domestic partner status, veteran or military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, and prior criminal convictions), as well as educational attainment.