Product Design Lead 🔥
What is the job?
Do you want to be the person designing FinTech products that will help shape the future of an industry? Would you be excited about creating sleek experiences for users on brand-new KYC & AML products? If so, we want you to be the new hands-on Product Design Lead!
You will collaborate with the Head of Designto deliver industry-defining UX & UI across our & products. As our small but vibrant team grows you’ll get the chance to mentor and manage designers to fuel the team's development.
You won’t just hand over the designs and walk away, but care about the implementation with developers, and monitor how real customers engage with it post-launch. You will draw upon your experience to work closely with stakeholders and technical team members, leading the discovery process, research, user-testing and iterating on your wireframes until you get the perfectly designed solution. You’ll be getting in amongst payment processes, financial terminologies, and AML/KYC processes & always have the heart of the customer in mind.
What are we looking for?
- You’ll feel at home working in an ambitious, fast-paced environment that requires conceptual, strategic thinking and a willingness to collaborate to create highly intuitive and user-centred products.
- You'll take business problems, data, and research output, and turn them into meaningful and visually appealing design solutions.
- You’ll be happy iterating rapidly on feedback from stakeholders and conducting research to validate your ideas.
- You’ll be comfortable mentoring and managing other designers, helping them develop in their careers.
- Do any of these speak to you personally…? Get shit done, Take initiative, Don’t be a dick, Be excellent to each other, Do the right thing, not the easy thing! If so, you’ll be perfect as these are our core RDX Works values!
What do you need?
- You will need experience in finance/fintech or payments space, checkout flows or e-commerce as a Product/UX designer.
- You must be happy to show a strong portfolio of relevant work, showcasing conceptual thinking and strong problem-solving skills.
- You have a belief in Design thinking, by being able to demonstrate how to take complex problems with ambiguity and bring clarity, and by empathising with the needs of the user, defining specific problems, ideating ideas and delivering outcomes.
- You have an understanding of experimentation & analysis and incorporate them into your design focus & decisions.
- You must have experience building and maintaining design systems in Figma.
- You must value people skills, and work in collaboration with team members and creatives because you will need to use storytelling techniques to present creative ideas to peers and senior management
- Previous experience in line-managing and mentoring junior designers is a must
Who are we?
At RDX Works, we're a team of like-minded thinkers who have long been convinced that we're living in the earliest stages of a global financial revolution. This revolution is being fuelled by decentralized finance (or DeFi for short), which is enabling an assortment of pioneering developers and entrepreneurs to re-invent almost every financial product that is currently traded and invested in traditional markets, without requiring central authorities or siloed infrastructure. DeFi has captured a great deal of attention and investment in the crypto-aware niche, growing assets under management from $1 billion to over $200 billion in a few years. Impressive as its growth has been, its current market size isn't even a rounding error on the over $400 trillion held in traditional finance. We're focused on what it will take to go from billions to trillions.
RDX went back to first principles to come up with the right technical solution—the first layer-one protocol built specifically for mainstream DeFi—and we have already tested out at over 1 million transactions per second. We're keenly aware that the need for an infinitely scalable platform is only one prerequisite among many for mass adoption, and we're also blazing new ground in the areas of purpose-built developer tools, user experiences, and regulatory integration.
We have forged a path deep into the future of what distributed ledger technology is going to look like and we need you to come and be part of the team that is making that happen right now.
If this job sounds like it was made for you, then please apply directly via the link or if you don’t have an up to date CV to apply with, contact
Alternatively, if you feel like you don’t match all of the requirements, we would love you to still apply anyway. We understand that confidence gaps and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting incredible candidates and we wouldn’t want this to prevent us from meeting you; especially as we are big advocates of helping people learn & grow. This is also another reason we do not advertise salaries, we want to keep it as even a playing field as possible!
Here at RDX Works, we believe in being salary agnostic. This means that we pay salaries based on your expertise and what you can add to the business, aligning with London market rates; not based on your location or the economy of your country of residence.Please mention the word CAJOLE when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMjYwMDozYzAzOjpmMDNjOjkxZmY6ZmU3YzpiN2Ji). This is a feature to avoid fake spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and instantly see they're human.
$80,000 — $110,000/year
🌎 Distributed team
🏖 Paid time off
🏔 Company retreats
📚 Learning budget
🖥 Home office budget
💰 Equity compensation
👀 No monitoring system
🚫 No politics at work
🎅 We hire old (and young)