full Stack Engineer - Remote 🔥
Full Stack Engineer - Portals Team
A career with Gravity Payments is an opportunity to be on a collaborative team where creative leadership, passion for progress, and responsibility are paramount. Our team members focus and commit to providing for our clients and our community because we care deeply for others. In this role you will be directly communicating with customers and key stakeholders learning about their needs and pain points to determine if we're able to provide and agree on solutions.
This is a full-time position with our Portals team. This team builds, maintains and supports an established SaaS platform that helps small to enterprise-sized organizations accept online payments and interface with customers and clients directly. We are looking for a full stack engineer to join us in helping to expand and improve the platform.
We are a small, entrepreneurial team with a strong sense of ownership and willingness to step in wherever needed. All candidates must bring a high degree of both competence and humility.
- Write code to enhance the platform, solve problems, and correct defects
- Support the enhancement, technical execution and operation of the platform.
- Work with team members, business stakeholders, as well as Engineering and Product Managers to provide analysis, insight, and guidance on the direction of the platform.
- Assist in prioritizing the engineering work assignments and deliverables for contract software engineers located remotely.
- Perform code review, merge code to master, coordinate and perform deployments, and troubleshoot production issues.
- Manage the technical support of the platform for existing clients and assist in the onboarding of new clients.
- Mentor junior team members and foster a sense of shared responsibility.
- PHP – The platform consists of a backend and frontend that are both written in PHP; the frontend utilizes Bootstrap/JQuery framework.
- MySQL/Aurora RDS – Data is persisted in a relational database provided by the MySQL flavor of Aurora RDS on AWS.
- AWS – The platform makes use of a number of AWS technologies: EC2, Aurora RDS, Cloud Watch, SES, and S3.
- Unix-like development system – Current developers use MacOS or Linux and Unix tools for development, and the technical operation of the system requires usage of a command-line environment.
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems with high availability
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies (e.g.: Docker, Vagrant, etc…)
- Experience with native and/or hybrid mobile development (e.g.: iOS, Android, PhoneGap, ionic, etc…)
Candidates will need to have experience with each of the above (PHP required), and has 5-7 years experience in the development field.
Remote office requirements:
- Must have access to a wired internet connection
- Must have access to at least a 25 megabits per second (mbps) download and 20 mbps upload speed connection
The salary for this position is $120-140k. We are open to negotiating outside of this range if the desired salary aligns with the needs of the candidate and company.
This is a salaried position with no commission.
Gravity Payments is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.