Senior Backend Developer 🔥
*6 month contract
Technical Architecture Specialist TAS3 A4 SC3 (Backend developer)
The contractor’s primary responsibilities will be to work in a team environment as a Senior level programmer (Technical Specialist) on the development of ERP system based on code base acquired from DOC. The team will be responsible for ensuring the utilization and compliance with Software Engineering Processes (SEP) and Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC SCRUM) methods to include:
1) Requirements management,
2) Configuration/Change Management,
3) Defect tracking and resolution,
4) Test planning, coverage, and proficiencies,
5) Version Control and production release cycles,
6) User and systems level documentation,
7) Programming/Development and Software Standards,
8) Implementation and deploy plans and strategies; specifically pertaining to the following areas of expertise:
The candidate will be a member of the systems development team that will be responsible to develop and deliver the ERP system from its inception to production.
The consultant will work with agency information technology staff to define systems requirements, assist with development, perform system testing, assist with data conversion, and participate in the preparation of procedural manuals and system documentation as request by IT and/or Business.
The consultant will lead and provide development support for this project. Development on this project is currently under way utilizing the .NET Core /SQL server and Angular platform. The candidate should also have knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Microsoft SharePoint. Work will be assigned by the appropriate Unit Chief and performed independently with initiative and reviewed upon completion.
The contractor will perform senior level software programming and analysis work to include: functional and non-functional requirements translation and validation, design and development of highly complex integrated system modules and business logic, code reviews, interfaces, database schemas, stored procedures, software testing and debugging of programs and affiliated interfaces, creation and evaluations of SEP documents and associated ARB review and presentations, software quality assurance (SQA) initiatives, coordinating with other cross-functional technical team leads, assessing and reporting project status, developing implementation play books with integrated Go or No-Go decision points and roll-back strategies, and documenting computer applications, and team oversight for Software Life Cycle Management compliance.
DHS shall provide workspace within its office at 2525 North 7th Street, Harrisburg, PA. This position is eligible for telework. In addition, DHS will supply all necessary hardware, software for daily use as needed to complete assigned work items.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles, excellent visual design skills, great technical know-how, and a proven expertise in interaction design.
- Ability to produce great ideas and can express them in a variety of different ways, be it a whiteboard, Adobe, Paper & Crayons, Wire frames, etc. Able to interpret the team’s ideas and translate those into presentable documents.
- Have a creative eye and a keen sense for color, typography, layout, and usability.
- Ability to come up with ideas and UI's that marry business problems, customer needs and innovation all in a useful package.
- Proven experience in utilizing configuration management tools, design tools, debugging tools, and any other environment specific tools necessary to create, test, and implement an application.
- Proven experience in working in a team environment.
- Proven experience in completing assigned tasks.
- Proven experience in providing excellent written and verbal communication skills to develop new business process and programming solutions as directed by business and technical stakeholders.
- Proven experience in analyzing and designing enhancements, development programs, and/or required fixes to production problems.
- Proven experience in designing applications to functional and technical programming standards. Develops system specifications and interfaces.
- Proven experience in determining time estimates and schedule for work.
- Proven experience in working with users to ensure that solutions meet business requirements.
- Proven experience in anticipating, identifying, tracking, and resolving issues and risks affecting own work and work of the Application Team.
- Proven experience in determining time estimates and schedule for own work and resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Proven experience in identifying and tracking issues, risks, and action items.
- Proven experience in ongoing process improvement.
- Proven experience in detailed functional and process knowledge.
- Proven experience in utilizing deep modeling, design, and coding skills.
- Proven experience in providing expertise in one or more database environments.
- Proven track record of hands-on technical design and code work within large complex systems.
- Proven experience in supporting installation of application releases into production.
- Proven hands-on technical work with a variety of technologies.
- Demonstrated technical expertise integrating a variety of diverse technical environments and cross-platform technologies.
- Proven experience mentoring and performing supervisory functions for technical teams.
- Able to make best practice recommendations based on past work.
- Proven ability to present complex technical constructs to business and non-technical users.
- Proven ability to collaborate with business users, project managers and technical architects.
- Proven ability to follow quality standards.
This request is for a contracted resource to augment the team currently working on the project. Current staff is allocated to other work projects or lack the needed skills, and they are unavailable to handle this assignment.
With recent BIS staff cuts further limiting staffing resources skilled in Open Systems technologies as well as diminishing training and travel funds, integrating staff augmentation SME with DEA development teams provides a win-win for both our staff and the program offices we serve. Without this integrated resource mentoring and supporting our development teams, the level of program support would significantly diminish, and the sourcing strategy would then change requiring work to be completely outsourced.
I-2 Project Goals
The objective of this engagement is to assist in the development and implementation of .NET component solutions including the user interface, SSRS, and SharePoint for the ERP System. These .Net Component solutions, using C#.net, will meet the Department’s requirements to support public facing applications
Assists the Unit/Section Chief with the preparation of advanced planning documents, project planning, level of effort, execution phases, program office revisions requests, and Statements of Work (SOW). Supports and participates in total quality management, continuous quality improvement, team-based processes, and customer-focused service in all activities of BIS.
STATEMENT OF WORK
II-1 Work Skills
Contractor 3 - WDU Contractor (Backend developer)
- Technical Architecture Specialist TAS3 A4 SC3
The contractor will possess:
- Must know .NET Core/Standard or latest application
- API development and use of REST API
- REST API security based on Token, including use of caching and logging defined by IT management
- Build and deploy
- SQL server and Entity Framework
- SSRS Reporting
- API Documentation
- API performance testing
- Familiarity with SharePoint or SharePoint Online REST API will be plus
- Subject Matter Expertise (SME) developing and supporting highly complex web applications with workflow and process capability
- Demonstrated experience with an application development methodology along with experience in database modeling and design.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $60.00 - $70.00 per hour
- Day shift
- AWS: 1 year (Preferred)
- ASP.NET: 1 year (Preferred)
- APIs: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote