Rails Senior Front-end Developer Wanted For Fun Rails 7 Apps 🔥
The meditation app teaches a technique called Orgasmic Meditation, a practice for accessing a mystical state that has been shown to promote human flourishing and greater resilience (https://instituteofom.com). The platform app offers courses, live events, and community spaces. These apps are fun, brand new and have been built and designed by a long-term Rails lover (16 years+). We are looking for some great people to join the team.
We want serious candidates only who:
- Live and work in the US or US time zones
- Can show up on time and consistently work 35-40 hours per week (contract to full-time)
- Can interview on video so that we know you're a real human
- Have multiple references
- Can show code that you yourself wrote and can talk about
- Rails must be your primary, daily development platform, for at least 5 years. This is not for casual Rails developers who mostly work with other tools.
- You must have built and managed MANY Rails apps yourself, including large-scale or complicated apps
- You know Tailwind CSS inside and out
- You know Hotwire / Turbo / Stimulus JS. You don't have to be a master but it's a major bonus.
- Backend: Postgresql, Elasticsearch, AWS, Sidekiq, Heroku
- Gems: Devise, Pundit, AASM, many many others
- Frontend: Tailwind CSS, jQuery, Stimulus, HTML, Turbo
- Testing: Strong test/spec practice (practical, not exhaustive)
- We are a fun group who loves what we do
- We work hard and we move fast
- We love a simple, clean, “nothing extra” approach to products and development
- You would work with our CTO, a 16+ year Rails veteran
- We will hold daily scrum-style meetings
- Work is remote only
- Availability over weekends for production support is not required but a bonus