Analyst/sr. Analyst, Marketing Sciences 🔥
NRG is a leading global insights and strategy firm at the confluence of content, culture, and technology. We stay ahead of what's next, providing fresh insights to spark new ideas. We're a trusted partner to our clients, working behind the scenes to bring imagination, depth, and clarity to their biggest challenges—in entertainment, technology, lifestyle, sports, and gaming. Together, we create with confidence.
We're proud of our company's values – these values guide us as we navigate sunny days, gray skies and everything in between:
- Do what you love. With conviction.
- Where discovery lives. And impact drives.
- Celebrate difference. Cultivate belonging.
- Big thinking. Collectively inspired.
- Embrace the journey. Be human.
We are seeking a passionate and inquisitive Analyst or Senior Analyst to join our Data/Marketing Sciences team. Our team is made up of world class data science professionals who possess unmatched industry and analytical expertise to support business objectives in the rapidly evolving entertainment and technology industries.
In this role, you will support a wide range of analytical techniques, including MaxDiff, conjoint, segmentation, Bayesian Networks, machine learning, natural language processing, as well as well as integrating third-party data sources (such as digital clickstream data, receipt/transaction data, movie, and TV consumption data) with quantitative survey data. If you are passionate about utilizing advanced statistical and analytical techniques to drive business strategy within the entertainment and technology industries – this opportunity is for you!
- Provide analytical support on market research studies, including but not limited to key driver analysis, factor analysis, ad/creative tests, brand studies, trackers, messaging/positioning evaluation, conjoint/choice modeling, and market segmentation.
- Use various statistical software and tools to evaluate data and develop both custom and productionized client solutions.
- Work with and draw conclusions from large diverse data sets, via data fusion or other techniques.
- Provide consulting and interpretation of analytical results to the client service teams and/or clients.
- Utilize proficiency in specific statistical and analytical techniques with structured and unstructured data sets including social media:
- Regression methods (e.g., Linear, Nonlinear, Boosted Regression Trees, etc.)
- Clustering methods (e.g., K-means, Latent Class, Fuzzy C-means, Hierarchical Clustering, etc.)
- Dimensionality reduction (e.g., Principal Component Analysis, Factor Analysis, Linear Discriminant Analysis)
- Time-series Modelling/Forecasting (e.g., ARIMA, GARCH, Exponential Smoothing)
- Statistical Analysis (e.g., Hypothesis Testing, Experiment Design, Hierarchical Modeling, Bayesian Methods)
- Develop and maintain frameworks, models, tools, processes, visualizations, simulators, and analyses to ensure continuous data driven results are provided for internal and external clients.
- Use data visualization tools and software to visualize data and insights.
- Assist in developing training materials and providing on-going training for company-wide cross-functional teams.
Who We're Looking For
- Experience – We'd love for you to have 1+ years' experience working in an analytics, statistical, or data science role in a consumer marketing research firm
- Your degree(s) – Ideally looking for a B.A./B.S. degree in areas such as Mathematics, Statistics, Quantitative Behavior Science, Computer Science or a related quantitative discipline. Additional degrees (Master's degree or PhD) are welcome!
- Passion – An enthusiasm for research, data, and utilizing advanced statistical and analytical techniques to solve complex business questions
- Software/Tools – We'd love for you to have 1+ years of real-world experience and high-proficiency using SPSS or Q software packages and advanced excel skills. Bonus points if you have 1+ years of experience in using Sawtooth software in conducting MaxDiff and/or Conjoint designs and analysis + experience with BayesiaLab
- Curiosity and critical thinking – You are genuinely interested in seeking information on the "whys." You have the ability to address issues using creative and collaborative tactics.
- Data viz chops – Comfort with navigating data sets and extracting insights. Experience visualizing data with tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Slides, Keynote and more.
- Storytelling – Ability to communicate complex ideas to non-technical audiences, both verbally and visually
- Data analysis techniques – Experience with the following data analysis techniques would be awesome: statistical significance testing, correlation analysis, multivariate analysis techniques (such as cluster/segmentation analysis) and conjoint and discrete choice analysis.
- Self-starter – Internally-motivated who continuously strives to get things done well, regardless of challenges encountered.
- Expert multitasker – Successfully manages time and multiple competing priorities to ensure deadlines are always met. Staying organized is a must for managing projects!
- Hawk-eyed attention to detail – No errors get past you, and you do all that you can to ensure nothing slips through the cracks when it comes to quality control and reporting.
- Great Team Member – Team player who is able to work collaboratively and harmoniously within a team and across teams. You will roll up your sleeves to help get the job done and no task is beneath you. You welcome feedback because you have a zest for learning and growing.
This is a full-time, exempt position.
What We Offer
We embrace the current era of work and what it means to be a best-in-class employer. We understand the flexibility that is required to recruit and retain incredible talent, whether it's empowering you to do your best work from anywhere you desire or supporting you if you need to take a mental health day for self-care and rest. Below is a unique blend of benefits tailored to meeting the ever-changing professional landscape.
- Flexible/Remote work with optional usage of our great offices in Playa Vista, New York, and London
- Unlimited PTO, volunteer days and a generous number of recharge days including a full office closure during the week of Christmas and New Year's
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401K with company match
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Regular performance evaluations with opportunities for promotions and merit increases
- Educational and training reimbursement plan and other training and professional development opportunities
- Employee perks program (includes discounts on travel, hotels, cars, fitness, movie tickets and more)
- Resources available for mental health, inclusive care and family building
- NRGratitude – our company-wide employee recognition program
- Regular team/company events and activities including annual summer and holiday parties
- Pet friendly headquarters and pet insurance options
Diversity, equity, and inclusion is at the center of all our practices to ensure that NRG is a place where people from all identities and backgrounds can thrive. NRG is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse talent by supporting their growth through learning programs, internal mobility, affinity group participation and leadership development. Our differences make us a stronger workforce and enhance our creativity and innovation. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In order to comply with equal pay and salary transparency laws in various locations, we believe the target range of base compensation in all locations within the United States for this role is $58,500 -$80,000. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and location.