Social Media Assistant, The Everygirl Media Group 🔥
Full-time, fully remote in multiple states or hybrid remote in Chicago, IL (West Loop)
The Everygirl Media Group
Who are we?
Over the past ten years, The Everygirl Media Group has grown to become a household name in online media, providing millions of women around the globe with a daily dose of inspiration and guidance. By offering detailed in-depth features, career profiles, relatable first-hand accounts, and how-to guides, The Everygirl inspires women toward leading a well-rounded, financially sound, and stylish life.
What would you do in this role?
The Everygirl Media Group Social Media Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Social Media Editors of The Everymom and The Everygirl in all aspects of day-to-day social content creation. This role will work with both teams to craft a cohesive brand experience across all platforms, including Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and Pinterest. This person will be instrumental in translating the brand’s lifestyle content, career and finance advice, current events, and other stories from our sites to social media audiences. The position requires meticulous organization skills as well as exceptional communication and writing skills.
- Work collaboratively with Social Media Editors to ideate and create high performing content for all platforms for both The Everygirl and The Everymom brands including but not limited to Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Pinterest, and emerging new platforms
- Proactively build relationship between the social community and brands by responding to comments and DMs
- Actively monitor social mentions and engage in conversations across social channels and web properties
- Schedule, publish, and share content on all social media channels as directed by Social Media Editors
- Stay up to date on trending topics, industry developments, competitive insights, and emerging social media/marketing/e-commerce technologies
- Assist Social Media Editors in developing new innovative ideas for all social channels and grow reach and engagement
- Adhere to strict publishing deadlines with ability to pivot due to current events, changes in schedule, or scheduling conflicts
- Create eye-catching graphics using templates in Canva
- Collaborate with the sites’ editorial team, graphic designers, and sales to ensure cohesive brand representation
- Strong social copywriting skills and the ability to tailor content to different platform audiences and write with whit and humor
- Experience creating content—both visual graphics and video
- Detail-oriented, data-driven, and organized; able to prioritize, multi-task, and deliver on strict deadlines
- Strong project management skills
- Experience and comfort in a nimble, fast-paced start-up environment on a highly collaborative team
- Passionate about social media and building communities of engaged readers
- Experience using project management software such as Asana or Monday
- Experience with scheduling platforms like Later, DashHudson or Hootsuite
- Knowledge of Canva
- An undergraduate degree (BS, BA) or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Minimum 1-2 years experience of professional social media experience
- Some nights and weekends
- Exceptional communication skills
- Willingness to adjust workflow with a sense of urgency
Range: $42,000-$52,000/annual; Salary is commensurate with experience and location.
- 401(K) Retirement plan
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Medical and dental coverage
- Company paid group life insurance, vision coverage, and short-disability insurance
- Dedicated to work-life balance with shortened daily core hours and personal flex hours
- Mental health week off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
Fully remote in Alabama, California, Colorado, DC, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin
Hybrid remote in Chicago, West Loop
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Social Media Assistant, Your Name, City, State. In the body of the email include your cover letter, salary requirements, and where you found the job posting.
- Include links to (no attachments):
- Personal social media handles and ones you have contributed to or managed (Accounts must be temporarily public in order for us to review)
- List one thing The Everygirl Media Group does well on social media and identify two areas you would want to improve in this role
- Five Instagram story ideas
- Three Instragram reel ideas
**Links to your portfolio website, Dropbox or Google drive should not be private; Attachments will not be reviewed.**
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. The Everygirl Media Group embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.