Digital Content Strategist 🔥
Role: Digital Content Strategist/Copywriter (Must include portfolio link and/or writing samples on resume for candidate to be considered.)
Our client is seeking an experienced Digital Content Strategist/Copywriter who can help us design and create excellent content to help our members.
Our client is committed to investing in innovative digital experiences that improve our members’ quality of life and interactions with us. The Digital Content Strategist/Copywriter will play an essential role in defining and creating content for the web and mobile presence. In this role, you will plan, manage and write digital content that is relevant, engaging, usable, persuasive, consistent and searchable for mobile applications and other digital channels.
You will work closely with business stakeholders and develop deep knowledge of healthcare subjects and audience information needs. Essentially, you will help ensure we get the right content at the right time to the right audiences – including consumers, members, providers, employers and agents/brokers.
The Digital Content Strategist/Copywriter is assigned to a specific product team. These teams create and maintain content across web and mobile properties in alignment with corporate and digital style guides and in compliance with National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) regulations.
The key accountabilities are defining and implementing content strategies for digital products and projects, and creating content, in alignment with the overall digital experience, other offline content, complex business goals, and varied audience needs.
- Partner closely with the UX Design team and Product Managers to devise a web content strategy that aligns with wider goals and consumer journey-and brings to life our brand commitments while delivering a high-value and relevant digital experience for the members we serve.
- Direct the message hierarchy, content types, tone, voice and creative interpretation of content so it is on brand and aligned with marketing objectives
- Identify, manage and structure engaging and contextually-appropriate content and taxonomies
- Collaborate with the UX team on content organization, navigation, site maps and information design
- Regularly audit and inventory online content to identify gaps in quality, compliance, standards and branding
- Collaborate with the marketing team on campaign strategy and development
- Develop content matrices and editorial calendars to track and manage content updates for blogs, social posts, promotions and campaigns
- Lead efforts to identify new content/communication opportunities, repurpose existing content, and surface other creative ways to create more meaningful user experiences and efficient processes
- Present clear, concise content strategies that help stakeholders make informed decisions about content. Strategies will focus on ensuring content is usable, findable, targeted by audience, aligned with best practices and business goals, and is developed with consideration of competitive analysis and research.
- Create content aligned to the content and SEO strategy,brand voice and tone, business requirements, and digital standards. Ensure content is edited and approved by legal/compliance.
- Lead efforts to continuously improve digital content, including mining user data and research and conducting competitive assessments
- Assist with creation and maintenance of digital content guidelines, standards, tools, and processes
- Experience with all facets of digital content publishing and best practices
- Familiarity with software development processes (e.g., agile)
- Knack for juggling several projects, managing time efficiently and prioritizing appropriately
- Experience working with subject matter experts, content reviewers, editors, legal and compliance, and user experience teams
- Passion for sharing information and helping others be successful
- Focused on team success rather than individual success
- Approachable, respectful, open, transparent and easy to work with – even in stressful situations
- Ability to be self-aware, receive feedback and continually improve
- Ability to produce clarity when confronted with unclear situations
- At least 5 years of digital content strategy and copywriting experience, including for mobile applications
- Experience collaborating with, or working within, a UX team
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communication, Marketing or similar field
- Experience creating multi-channel content strategies, content matrices, and content inventories
- Experience writing and optimizing content for a variety of content types and digital channels, including long and short-form content for web, email and social
- Ability to be flexible in a very fluid and dynamic environment – including dealing with changing processes and priorities
- Must be extremely well-organized, capable of handling multiple details simultaneously, and able to easily move between strategic and tactical work
- Experience with Search Engine Marketing and Optimization strategies
- Familiar with content management systems
- Familiar with online tracking tools, such as Jira
- Self-starter who takes initiative and ownership
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Conversant and comfortable with principles of digital design, writing and editing
- Proficient with: Microsoft Office, SharePoint
- Experience in wellness and/or healthcare and in regulated industries; experience with Sitecore and/or Salesforce content management systems