Installation Made Easy (“IME”) provides software and process management that enables retailers, manufacturers, and contractors to coordinate the marketing, sale and installation of do-it-for-me home improvement projects on a nationwide basis in a convenient, consistent and affordable manner. IME senior management has over 100 years of retail management and home improvement industry experience.
Position Title: SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
Reports To: Assistant Controller
The Senior Accountant works independently to complete advanced monthly reconciliations, researching and correcting entries for GL accounts, special projects, improvement and automation of daily/weekly/monthly tasks within the team, cross training, and documenting processes along with assisting with annual financial statement audits, SOX audits, tax request, etc.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated with a strong work ethic, a desire to understand processes from beginning to end and to improve existing processes to achieve greater efficiency and productivity. The candidate should be a fast learner who is capable of multi-tasking.
Complete Monthly Advanced Reconciliations including but not limited to:
- Electronic Check/Check by Phone (Cash Reconciliation)
- Deferred Revenue/Prepaid COGS
- Cash Clearing Accounts
- AR Clearing Accounts
- AP Clearing Accounts
- Other Reconciliations as assigned.
- Assist with Financial Statement Audit & SOX Audits
- Assist with Quarterly Tax Request
- Assist team with documenting all controls around various daily/weekly/monthly functions
- Assist with Sales Tax Request as needed.
- Work with Senior Director of Finance to review Capex monthly
- Cross train with team members
- Work to build access reports to improve team efficiency
- Assist with various special projects which could include testing new program rollouts, assist with setup of new vendor system, etc.
Education, Experience, & Certification Requirements:
- Required: 4+ years’ experience in banking, finance, or accounting role;
- Required: Undergraduate degree in accounting
- Professional demeanor;
- Sound judgment and strong problem solving ability.
- Computer literate with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, and ability to adapt to various software packages;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization;
- Efficient and detail-oriented;
- Exceptional organization skills;
- Ability to adapt to changing or multiple priorities.
- Positive attitude and able to adapt to change easily
- Experience in a fast-paced environment that requires result-oriented decisions
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Drug-Free Workspace.
The Senior Accountant may be asked to perform additional tasks that are not listed above. In addition, the list of primary responsibilities may change over time. This position description does not constitute an employment contract of any kind.
Benefits to working with IME:
- Employer provided equipment necessary to perform job
- 401(k) with employer match that is 100% vested immediately
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 100% employer-paid Short Term/Long Term Disability and Basic Life
- Paid Time Off program
- Paid Holidays
- Fully Remote