Japanese Speaking Customer Service Representative 🔥
Welcome to a team of caring and passionate people who work each day to meet the needs of our members and clients. At Health Benefits, you will be part of an organization committed to offering custom self-funded health benefits plans that manage costs – without compromising benefits – by offering innovative solutions, flexibility, transparency, and customer support. We are now a subsidiary of Health Care Service Corporation, the largest customer-owned insurance company in the United States and a strategic partner of Health Benefits since 2018, giving us access to increased national scale and support. This is an exciting time to join our team and enhance our culture that emphasizes caring, diversity and inclusion, mutual respect, collaboration, and service to our communities.
We’re seeking a Japanese Customer Service Representative. This position is responsible for providing quality service by accurately and respectfully responding to telephonic, written, and electronic inquiries from employees/members, providers, and clients in a high-volume call center. Inquiries include a variety of topics such as benefits, eligibility, claim status, and claim disposition.
In this position, you will have the ability to work from home. You will also participate in a 4–5-week training class. Hours for the duration of training will be 9:00 am-5:30 pm CST and after training your hours will be between the hours of 8:00 am - 7:00 pm CST, Mon-Fri.
- Seamlessly navigate multiple system applications, various resources, and tools to professionally, accurately, and respectfully respond to telephonic, written and electronic inquiries and concerns from employees/members, providers, clients and other interested parties.
- Follow documented processes/workflow to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Follow-up regularly on outstanding issues to ensure timely resolution and client satisfaction.
- Thoroughly and accurately document all inquiries and actions taken using all applicable software applications while following Health Benefits guidelines.
- Refer unresolved/escalated inquiries to designated individuals/departments following established protocols.
- Utilize virtual communication tools to engage and support team members
- Meet and sustain productivity and quality metrics.
- Communicate via telephone, email, electronic messaging, fax, or written letter with employees/members, providers of service, clients and/or other insurance carriers to ensure proper claim processing and issue resolution.
- Initiate outgoing calls or other service projects as assigned.
- May serve as mentor to new associates
- Other duties as needed/assigned
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 1-year previous customer service experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high demand, structured service-oriented environment
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively deal with problems in varying situations and reach resolution in a timely manner.
- Flexible; open to continued process improvement
- Ability to learn new/proprietary systems, to adapt to various system platforms, and to effectively use MS Excel/Word
- Possess private, dedicated workspace free from distractions with secure, consistently reliable high-speed Internet, with the ability to hardwire via Ethernet cable
- Bilingual Japanese/English required.
- Business or native level of Japanese speaking skills required.
- Experience working in Japan is a plus.
- Must be able to work a 40-hr. work week from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm CST, Mon- Fri.
- Must possess strong reasoning and analytical skills and resolve issues for customers quickly and accurately while maneuvering between multiple systems/screens while on the phone.
Come join Health Benefits! Join a team that will not only utilize your current skills but will enhance them as well.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, age, veteran, or disability.