Sr. Sre/devops Engineer
Jobs for Humanity is dedicated to building an inclusive and just employment ecosystem. Therefore, we have dedicated this job posting to individuals coming from the following communities: Refugee, Neurodivergent, Single Parent, Blind or Low Vision, Ethnic Minority, and the Previously Incarcerated. If you identify with any of the following communities do not hesitate to register, even if you feel that this particular opportunity is not the right fit for you.
Company Name: Nielsen
Technology is where the brightest minds in data and engineering connect, providing the essential measurement that helps fuel media businesses. The work this team does today will change the entertainment of tomorrow–the way we watch and listen to what we love.
If you are a SRE, DevOps, and/or Cloud based systems enthusiast who likes to work on cutting-edge technologies in an environment that gives you the freedom to explore, play, and learn, then Nielsen is the right place for you. Join a close-knit, passionate team that collaborates in an agile environment to develop great technology. We encourage professional growth opportunities and invest in your personal development. Bring your experience with Cloud and DevOps to help to build out the capabilities of our Nielsen Media platform.
- Provide architectural recommendations to improve and scale our existing large-scale cloud DevOps services and their underlying infrastructure
- Evaluate, contribute to, and leverage open source technologies including Kubernetes, Trino, Spark, Airflow, Prometheus + friends, Vault, Kafka, ELK, Jupyter in order to create and improve our internal SaaS/PaaS platforms
- Be an internal sales-person for the platform, helping to get all teams towards full adoption
- Diagnose and mitigate technical and scalability faults on platform services, largely running over Kubernetes on AWS
- Drive the creation and refinement of metrics, monitoring, and alerting mechanisms to give us the visibility we need into our production services
- BS in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of work experience
- Passionate about Cloud tech, DevOps, architecture and scalable design
- Proficient in DevOps automation - e.g. Terraform, Gitlab/Jenkins, equivalents
- Extensive experience or good working knowledge with Cloud Technologies (AWS, GCP)
- Experience with Unix/Linux based platforms, scripting languages
- Okta/Oauth and Vaults Experience is a plus
A reasonable estimate of salary range for a new employee to be offered this role would be between $50,000 - $185,000, which would be adjusted based on each employee's geographic location. The position of each employee within a compensation range at Nielsen is dependent on several individual circumstances, such as experience, training, certifications and other business requirements/needs. Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
#LI-Remote #LI-BH1 Apply for this job