Principal Software Developer
Jobs for Humanity is dedicated to building an inclusive and just employment ecosystem. Therefore, we have dedicated this job posting to individuals coming from the following communities: Refugee, Neurodivergent, Single Parent, Blind or Low Vision, Ethnic Minority, and the Previously Incarcerated. If you identify with any of the following communities do not hesitate to register, even if you feel that this particular opportunity is not the right fit for you.
Company Name: Nielsen
Technology is where the brightest minds in data and engineering connect, providing the essential measurement that helps fuel media businesses. The work this team does today will change the entertainment of tomorrow–the way we watch and listen to what we love.
We are currently looking for a Principal Software Developer who is responsible for participating as a team leader in analyzing and designing highly-complex or business-critical applications, as well as developing, testing, and supporting our application software. Our TAM (Total Audience Measurement) group is responsible for empowering media companies and advertisers to plan, activate and measure content and campaigns in the new media landscape.
- Working across the teams to insure drive improvements in technology and architecture and to help them in delivering on business commitments
- Evaluate software components from different vendors and recommend components suitable and sustainable to the business needs
- Collaborate with the Architect Leader, and develop plans for building application solutions and environments that address the company's business and technological strategies
- Participate as a team leader on projects, which includes training, coaching, and sharing technical knowledge with less experienced staff
- Practicing Agile Software Development methodology using the Scrum framework
- Works with our vendor partners
- Bachelor of science degree in computer science or similar
- 8+ years of software development/engineering experience
- 6+ years of experience in Java, SQL, Big Data, Hadoop and/or Date Warehouse
- Knowledge of cloud technologies
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodology
- Knowledge of multiple software development languages
A reasonable estimate of salary range for a new employee to be offered this role would be between $50,000 - $185,000, which would be adjusted based on each employee's geographic location. The position of each employee within a compensation range at Nielsen is dependent on several individual circumstances, such as experience, training, certifications and other business requirements/needs. Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
#LI-Remote #LI-BH1 Apply for this job