We are open to filling this position remotely or at one of our office locations: Madison, WI; Eden Prairie, MN; Chicago, IL; Des Moines / Cedar Rapids, IA; Denver, CO or Scottsdale, AZ.
If you enjoy challenging work and have a passion to grow and learn, then consider making a move to an organization that offers life/work balance, career growth, tuition reimbursement, certification support and more! Come join and add value to our team. Responsibilities:
This position will be in our Fixed Assets team, ensuring physical assets are appropriately stated on the general ledger, including physical counts and reconciliations. This role will also support fixed asset activities including asset settlements and depreciation analysis.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for ensuring compliance with internal controls and executing general accounting activities primarily in support of General & Fixed Assets Accounting. Responsibilities include the day-to-day maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and preparing financial statements and reports. TDS has a complex structure with multiple entities and Accountants are assigned responsibility across all business segments.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field -OR- 4+ years professional work experience
- Knowledge and experience of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- CPA or eligibility to sit for the exam
- Ability to work effectively in complex fast-moving organization, satisfying needs of diverse constituents, under the pressure of competing and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Expertise in Excel, Word and Access; SAP knowledge a strong plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial calculations and accounting reconciliation methods.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including strong presentation and active listening skills.
- Proven ability to present results in a clear and concise manner to all levels within the organization.
- Ability to work independently and/or within a team setting.
- Strong personal and professional ethical values with impeccable integrity. Exhibits confidence and credibility and team-above-self outlook.
- Sharp, rigorous thinker who can operate as an intellectual leader among bright, high-energy peers.
- Strong results orientation, which includes achieving improvement commitments, performance metrics and targeted and required delivery dates.
- Willing to immerse self in the business and develop an understanding of the requirements of the users of the financial information.
TDS offers a competitive salary and total rewards package. To apply for this position, or to learn more about our company, please visit tds.jobs.