It Instructional Designer
This requisition is for an Information Technology (IT) Instructional Designer. The position will be based in Atlanta and responsible for developing and updating training content/materials and training remote trainers to deliver content for Georgia DOT. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining IT training material posted on Georgia DOT websites and publishing web-based training content within GDOT Learning Management System (LMS).
The candidate will be working as a team member within the IT organization of the Georgia DOT and report to a Team Leader/Supervisor. The supplier provides workforce augmentation services and the candidate is not employed by Georgia DOT as an independent contractor. Candidates will work with supporting IT team members (system architects, application developers, database, network, server, etc.) and interact with business units to understand the technical/business functionality and develop technical training materials.
Training content development will include Georgia DOT-developed in-house software and systems (Training will be provided upon hire), vendor COTS products, vendor COTS-customized products, and vendor custom products implemented by Georgia DOT. Georgia DOT IT primarily utilizes Microsoft (Teams, SharePoint, Office365, etc.), Oracle (OBIEE, Data Visualizer, etc.), and Esri (ArcGIS) based products integrated with Georgia DOT applications.
Adhere to the priorities, objectives, and guidance of Team Leader and IT management
Utilizes GDOT style guide and branding in developing training content, assists in updating style guide as needed
Participate in IT Projects to design and develop learning materials, including with GDOT 3rd party contractors
Produce effective training presentations, tutorials, instructor and student guides, lesson plans/exercises in multiple media and formats suitable to course audience
Create, review, and update training materials and documentation based on user feedback, classroom surveys, IT version updates, and IT support tickets
Proactively and effectively communicate with Team Leader and IT management
Creating engaging learning activities and compelling course content
Working with subject matter experts and identifying target audiences training needs
Developing training content to meet instructional goals/objectives
Create practical examples that learners can apply within their use of IT application/system in their work environment
Applying tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
Measure/test user knowledge retention and transfer
Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.)
Collect and maintain training data to support department key performance indicators
Conduct training courses, customer webinars, on-site customer training, and user group sessions
Establish effective relationships throughout the organization, both within IT and across business units/customers/stakeholders to identify/address gaps in user training
Remain knowledgeable about Georgia DOT IT applications and business strategies as related to training materials and courses
Assist technical managers, IT developers, and specialists to explain complex technical concepts and business/data workflows to non-technical audiences
Provide user training support with IT product launches and go-lives
Assists in tracking, managing, and reviewing training content developed by GDOT 3rd party contractors
Travel to Georgia DOT business locations (within State of Georgia) to conduct training
Ability to maintain professionalism and order within the classroom to complete course objectives
Ability to adapt/respond in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-focused IT environment characterized by rapid change, minimal lead times, and multiple competing priorities
Work Terms and Conditions:
- Candidate will be working with GDOT Office of IT Applications. Candidates will work with supporting IT team members (database, network, server, etc.) and interact with business units. The candidate will follow internal GDOT standards and accepted best practices for developed solutions.
- The position end date is set for the end of the Georgia DOT fiscal year. Georgia DOT may exercise the option to renew contracts in one-year increments. Several successful consultants have continued working for several years with contract extensions. However, Georgia DOT is under no obligation to extend contracts and may terminate employment at any time.
- All candidates shall be US Citizens or present a valid Permanent Residence Card (aka "Green Card") or Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Proof will need to be provided for on-boarding. Do not submit candidates with a temporary US visitor Visa or H1-B Visa as they will not be considered.
- Upon hiring and creation of user account, the consultant is to pick up ID/Security badge and computing equipment at One Georgia Center work location at no travel expense to GDOT.
- Georgia DOT will reimburse authorized travel expenses lodging and meals. Georgia DOT will reimburse authorized travel use of personal vehicle use. Any travel expenses to relocate to Atlanta, GA or in order to start work will not be reimbursed. All travel expense reimbursement shall be in accordance with State Accounting Office Travel Policy: https://sao.georgia.gov/state-...
-The Department has 12 holidays, which consultants are not allowed to work nor make up any time for those holiday weeks without management's approval. Consultants are not to take extended leave during their first year of service (e.g. 2 weeks or greater).
- Consultant must have cell phone which can be used for business calls.
- GDOT does not provide free parking. All routine commuting expenses are the responsibility of the candidate.
- This position is on a telework schedule. (Working remote unless otherwise requested to into the office) Only a local candidate will be selected for this role.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $43.00 - $46.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location