Sr. Se I - Dashboards 🔥
Smartsheet Dashboards give real-time visibility into work managed and tracked in Smartsheet. Our customizable dashboards help organizations make better decisions faster without having to track down relevant data. The power of our dashboards are in their visual, at-a-glance nature. Dashboards begin as a blank canvas, but take shape as Dashboard Widgets such as Charts, Graphs, Text and Images are added and arranged to create the view that best meets the need.
The Smartsheet Dashboards Team seeks curious and passionate Frontend and/or Full Stack Software Engineers. We're excited to meet with you if you are one! Start a conversation with us and learn how we can build exceptional products together. As part of a larger strategy, you will help us to innovate how dashboards can be simpler to build while also being more engaging, interactive and insightful.
Our engineers are passionate about working on various projects using modern technologies to launch high impact features with scale in mind. We are product-minded and work collaboratively with Product, UX/UI, and partner engineering orgs to influence customer journey. We have full ownership of our Frontend, Backend, Infrastructure, and Operations and are passionate about feature development and adapt quickly to customer feedback.
This position will report to the Engineering Manager and can be based remotely from anywhere within the United States where Smartsheet is a registered employer.
Our team focuses on distributed decision making that rewards ownership, transparency, and collaboration. Learn more about our platform here: Smartsheet Overview Video
- Contribute to all stages of product development and deployment lifecycle, from concept to release
- Mentor junior engineers on code quality and best practices
- Implement new features and improve the ones we have already built in Typescript, React, Java/Kotlin, Terraform
- Provide input on system design and architecture within the feature areas and services owned by the team
- Leverage and understand the tradeoffs of AWS cloud-based services, networking architecture, and security concepts
- Build quality into your work upfront to delight customers and keep tech debt low
- Promote Agility as much as Reliability and Scalability
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of experience in service-oriented architecture, deployment systems and cloud infrastructure
- Experience building highly scalable, high availability services
- Proficient in Java, C++
- Experience building microservices or APIs
- Experience with modern client JS libraries, like React, Angular
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases
- Clear and objective writing and in-person communication
- Curiosity to learn new technologies and systems
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Germany, and Costa Rica. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!