Specialist, Field Operations Sales
Date: Nov 23, 2022
Primary Location: Denver, CO, US
Company: Lincoln Financial
Work Arrangement: Work from Home
Relocation assistance: is not available for this opportunity.
Hiring Manager: Rebekah Eakle
Pay Range: $48,900 - $103,600
Bonus Potential: 5%
Requisition #: 70649
The Role at a Glance We are excited to bring on a Sales Specialist to join our Group Protection Distribution Team supporting Workplace Solutions in our Denver, Colorado office. This position has the availability to work remote but would need to work mountain standard hours.
Background Details The Group Protection Distribution Team will help you grow your group benefits knowledge and establish strong partnerships (internally/externally while working in this fast-paced environment.
As a Sales Specialist for Group Benefits, you will be responsible building and maintaining business relationships with sales representatives and brokers to provide request for proposals (RFPs) for groups within the 100+ lives for both sold and potential cases. You will work with Underwriting and the Sales team for your assigned territory to provide accurate, time sensitive information as requested. This opportunity will provide the ability to grow within the group insurance industry while gaining new skills and building strong working relationships. If this sounds like a role for you, please read on! What you’ll be doing
- You will gather, evaluate and assess information to complete request for proposals (RFPs), potential clients and sold cases for groups within 100+ lives space by partnering directly with your Sales Rep, Underwriter, and broker.
- You will influence market growth with RFP accuracy and exceptional sold case submissions by being knowledgeable and thorough with daily activities.
- You will create and review requests for quotes/proposals and ensure appropriate quoting parameters, pricing and discounting needs are met as outlined in guidelines.
- You will build trusting relationships with our internal and external partners to maintain a valuable marketplace presence and uphold our commitment to the customer.
- You will identify, recommend and champions process improvements and organizational initiatives to positively influence the team and quality.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 - 3+ Years’ experience in a sales environment with general insurance background
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal/written)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Nice-to have Experience (Preferred):
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to adapt as needed.
- Resident State Life & Health Certifications (must be obtained within one year of hire)
- Up to 25%
What’s in it for YOU:
- A clearly defined career framework to help you successfully manage your career
- Leadership development and virtual training opportunities
- PTO/parental leave
- Competitive 401K and employee benefits
- Free financial counseling, health coaching and employee assistance program
- Tuition assistance program
- A leadership team that prioritizes your health and well-being; offering a remote work environment and flexible work hybrid situations
- Effective productivity/technology tools and training
Lincoln will evaluate the following when setting the successful candidate's wage rate:
- Prior work or industry experience.
- Education level to the extent education is relevant to the position.
- Unique skills
About The Company Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 200 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $324 billion in end-of-period account values as of June 30, 2021.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America and Best Employers for Women by Forbes magazine as well as one of Newsweek’s Most Responsible Companies, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
Lincoln is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Lincoln Financial Group is a committed corporate citizen included on major sustainability indices including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index North America and FTSE4Good. Dedicated to diversity and inclusion, we earned perfect 100 percent scores on the Corporate Equality Index and the Disability Equality Index. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities If you are interested in a career at Lincoln, we encourage you to review our current openings and apply on our website. Lincoln values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews and falsified offer letters. Lincoln will not ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or conduct interviews utilizing video chat rooms. We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Lincoln's fraud team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
Additional Information This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, Veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.