Account Executive - Remote
Come join our team as an Account Executive – Remote supporting our Ready to Eat Cereal & Bars Business. You will use your stellar sales and planning experience to manage key relationships. Uncovering unique opportunities, you will deliver incremental volume at UNFI (Dierberg’s & Niemann’s). We are looking for top talent in the Saint Louis, MO area but are open to individuals in other locations in the Midwest (i.e., Chicago, Minneapolis, Michigan, Lexington, Ohio, Indiana. etc.). On our team, we focus on close collaboration – both with each other and our customers.
Joining a high performing team, map your career growth while unleashing your potential. Aim for excellence every day as you help us bring better days to more people, in more places. We’re looking for someone who can bring fresh thinking and a passion for precision.
HERE'S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Making Strategic Decisions – You will consider immediate and long-term implications, benefits, costs, and risks associated with alternatives to create, implement, and monitor the success of a business plan. Your meticulous approach will drive us toward the future with confidence!
- Leading Sales Efforts – Promote a customer-centered culture that strives to exceed customer needs, requirements, and expectations. We're hoping you can take a new angle on what otherwise might be ordinary.
- Trade Management - With an owner's mindset, you will work with the field sales team to deliver market-leading customer plans and growth strategies, while managing trade dollars within assigned budgets, to execute customer-specific trade plans.
- Ensuring Accuracy – Help us bring the best to families each day. You'll reinforce our passion for the future with the practical steps to get there. You will play a key role in maintaining the integrity and timeliness of operating budgets. With an eye for all the details, you’ll maintain the records and reports necessary to comply with company, government and accrediting agency standards, regulations, and codes.
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- Related sales experience
- Ability to develop, present and execute customer plans
- Experience managing trade dollars within assigned budgets
- Ability to understand market dynamics, forecast results, and analyze and interpret data
- Understanding of trade, retail operation and negotiation skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills along with a track record of sales success
- A flexible work schedule, including approximately 25% domestic travel but may vary depending on location of residency
Motor vehicle history with two or less moving violations within the last 36 months
- This position provides participation in the Kellogg Auto Reimbursement program for individuals driving at least 5,000 business miles annually.
After you apply, your application will be reviewed by a real recruiter – not a bot. This means it could take us a little while to get back with you so watch your inbox for updates. In the meantime, visit our How We Hire page to get insights into our hiring process and how to best prepare for a Kellogg interview.
If we can help you with a reasonable accommodation throughout the application or hiring process, please USA.Recruitment@kellogg.com
This role takes part in Locate for Your Day, Kellogg’s hybrid way of working that empowers office-based employees to, in partnership with their managers, find a balance between working from home and the office.
ABOUT KELLOGG COMPANY
Kellogg Company is a multibillion-dollar company with over 30 thousand employees all over the globe. We are proud to make delicious foods that people love – foods that you grew up with like Frosted Flakes, Cheez It, Eggo, Pop-Tarts, Crunchy Nut, Pringles, as well as innovative foods such as MorningStar Farms, RX bar, and Noodles. Our KValues and BetterDays commitments are at the core of who we are, what we believe and what brings us together. We’re proud to say we’ve been awarded with Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies”, DiversityInc’s “Top 50 Companies for Diversity”, Newsweek’s “Most Loved Workplaces”, and many more awards that you can check out here.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion has been part of our DNA since the beginning. Clearly stated in our Code of Ethics “we have respect for individuals of all backgrounds, capability and opinions.” We believe that equity is more than leveling the playing field. It is making sure barriers, both tangible and intangible, are removed. Interested in the numbers? We hold ourselves accountable with our yearly Features report.
Kellogg is proud to offer industry competitive Total Health benefits (Physical, Financial, Emotional, and Social) that vary depending on region and type of role. Be sure to ask your recruiter for more information!
THE FINER PRINT
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to provide an inclusive work environment, a seat for everyone at the table, and embraces the diverse talent of its people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding our efforts to advance Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, please visit our website here.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this link.
This role supports the Cereal part of the Kellogg business which is on a transformation journey to become a standalone company by the end of 2023.
Let’s create the future of food,